Performance of the Osteoporosis Self-assessment Screening Tool for Osteoporosis in American Men
- Dipstick haematuria and bladder cancer in men over 60: results of a community study. Britton, J. Philip; Dowell, Anthony C.; Whelan, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/21/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6706, p1010
Investigates the prevalence and relevance of dipstick hematuria in a group of men in Leeds, England. Urine testing with the use of dipstick; Statistics of urological diseases among men over 60 years old; Introduction of less invasive methods of investigation.
- Bringing medicine home. // Consumer Reports;Oct96, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p47
Provides an overview of self-test kits which monitor a person's health. Simplicity and availability of home medical tests; The public-health benefit of the home tests; Preview of evaluation of blood-pressure monitor, blood-glucose monitors, ovulation detectors, and pregnancy detectors.
- New tests, new devices. // Patient Care;9/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p17
Presents information on diagnostic tests and devices. Implantable defibrillators from CPI/Guidant Corp.; FlexSure HP test for Helicobacter pylori detection; Breath test for H. pylori detection; SoftLight laser-based hair-removal system.
- Promises and pitfalls of home test devices. Galper, Charlotte // Patient Care;10/15/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p125
Discusses the accuracy, and reliability of home and office testing devices. Factors that fueled the proliferation of these devices; Information on home test kits described as diagnostic devices; Description of home pregnancy tests and ovulation predictors for women, blood glucose and...
- Home medical tests. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Dec1995, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p6
Presents a discussion on the use of several types of home medical test kits. Includes blood cholesterol; Blood glucose; Blood pressure; Occult or hidden blood; Peak airflow; Urinary tract infection. INSET: Home testing for HIV may be next..
- ARS kit checks fruits and vegetables for fungicide residues. Brandon, David L. // Agricultural Research;Aug95, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the availability in the United States of a diagnostic kit that can verify whether fungicide residues on the surface of fruits and vegetables are within safe levels. Functions of fungicide and thiabendazole; Developers of the kit; Simplification of safety checks by regulatory agencies,...
- Trend toward self-care provides extra momentum. // Chain Drug Review;8/8/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p37
The article reports on the growth of the diagnostic kits category due to the increasing number of Americans who chose to monitor a range of maladies at home in the U.S. in 2011.
- RAPID TESTING. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Nov2015, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p48
The article offers information on a variety of medical assay tests including the DPP HIV 1/2 Assay by Chembio, One Step Immunological Fecal Occult Blood Test by Hemosure and Platelet PGD test by Verax Biomedical.
- Home testing for HIV: Has its time come? Bayer, Ronald; D'Epiro, Nancy Walsh // Patient Care;10/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p66
Evaluates the HIV home testing devices. Reaction of the public health community; Concern for suicide potential on positive diagnosis; Efforts to ensure clinical and socially available services; Concern of public health officials on partner notification; Impact of home-access testing for HIV on...