A Cultural and Economic History of Old Age in America
- Independence and economic security in old age. Schulz, James H. // Canadian Journal on Aging;Summer2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p313
No abstract available.
- Abstracts. // Geriatrics;Sep2001, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p58
Presents abstracts of articles on geriatric care. `Prevalence of Undiagnosed Diabetes Mellitus in Male Erectile Dysfunction,' by K. Sairam, E. Kulinskaya, G.B. Boustead, D.C. Hanbury and T.A. McNicholas which appeared in the 2001 issue of the `Journal of Urology'; `Freezing of Gait in PD:...
- THE WESTCHESTER COUNTY PRE-WHITE HOUSE CONFERENCE ON AGING INITIATIVE: AN EXERCISE IN LEADERSHIP. Quaranta, Mary Ann; Phipps, Colette; Guishard, Dozene // Journal of Pastoral Counseling;2005, Vol. 40, p112
Discusses the contribution of New York's Westchester County Pre-White House Conference on Aging Initiative in helping shape the U.S. national aging policy. Aging demographics in Westchester County; Description of the 2005 White House Conference on Aging; Policy recommendations.
- Survey of recently appointed consultants in geriatric medicine. Barker, William H.; Williamson, James // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/4/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6551, p896
Examines the survey of recently appointed consultants in geriatric medicine in Great Britain. Development of standards for facilities and professional staffing of geriatric services; Participation in a full array of medical services for the vulnerable elderly; Implications of the increase in...
- An historic account demonstrates the importance of making the diagnosis. Cohen, Gene D. // Geriatrics;Dec2002, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p38
Discusses the diagnosis of late-life depression. Factors associated with late-life depression that may create barriers to an accurate diagnosis; Screening instrument for depression in older adults; Treatment.
- Delirium in Old Age. Lindesay, James // Current Medical Literature: Health Care of Older People;2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p27
Discusses delirium in the aged. Clinical features; Epidemiology; Risk factors; Course and prognosis; Treatment.
- Symptoms of Depression in the Oldest Old: A Longitudinal Study. Haynie, Dee A.; Berg, Stig; Johansson, Boo; Gatz, Margaret; Zarit, Steven H. // Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences & Socia;Mar2001, Vol. 56B Issue 2, pP111
Examines depressive symptoms in a population-based, longitudinal sample of people aged 80 and older to determine initial prevalence of depressive symptoms and changes over time. Performance of participants on initial Center of Epidemiologic Studies-Depression scale; Major contributor to the...
- Management of hypertension in the elderly by general practitioners. // Age & Ageing;Jan96 Supplement 1, Vol. 25, p10
Presents an abstract of the report `Management of hypertension in the elderly by general practitioners,' by A.J.J. Abdulla et al, presented during the Autumn Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 13 and 14, 1995 in London, England.
- Depression in the elderly: Screening in general practice. // Age & Ageing;Jan96 Supplement 1, Vol. 25, p24
Presents an abstract of the report `Depression in the elderly: Screening in general practice,' by A. Johansen and F.M. Rawlinson, presented during the Autumn Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 13 and 14, 1995 in London, England.