Delayed Complete Bilateral Ptosis Associated With Massive Infarction of the Right Hemisphere
- Lidocaine/methylprednisolone. // Reactions Weekly;7/15/2006, Issue 1110, p12
This article discusses research being done on the adverse effects of lidocaine and methylprednisolone. It references a study by W. A. Beckman and colleagues in the May-June 2006 issue of the "Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine." During treatment with lidocaine and transforaminal epidural...
- Posttraumatic cerebral infarction in severe traumatic brain injury: characteristics, risk factors and potential mechanisms. Liu, Shengwen; Wan, Xueyan; Wang, Sheng; Huang, Lulu; Zhu, Mingxin; Zhang, Suojun; Liu, Xing; Xiao, Qungen; Gan, Chao; Li, Chaoxi; Shu, Kai; Lei, Ting // Acta Neurochirurgica;Oct2015, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p1697
Background: Posttraumatic cerebral infarction (PTCI) is a severe secondary insult of traumatic brain injury (TBI). This study aimed to evaluate the characteristics and risk factors of PTCI after severe TBI (sTBI) and explore possible mechanism. Methods: This retrospective study included a cohort...
- Alcohol abuse may be a risk factor for stroke recurrence. // American Family Physician;11/15/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1286
Presents a study of patients with a history of cerebral infarction. Alcohol abuse as risk factor for stroke recurrence; Predictors of stroke recurrence.
- Prevention of stroke with perindopril treatment in stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats. Wang, Hong; Delaney, Kathleen H.; Kwiecien, Jacek M.; Smeda, John S.; Lee, Robert M. K. W. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Oct97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p327
Presents a study to determine the protective effects of perindopril treatment in the prevention of stroke and the relation between preventive effects and the histopathology of the brain and kidney in male stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRSP). Details on materials and methods...
- Abstracts. Sandstrom, Robert // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p568
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `Influence of an Enriched Environment and Cortical Grafting on Functional Outcome in Brain Infarcts of Adult Rats,' by M. Grabowski, J.C. Sorenson et al, published in a 1995 issue of `Exp. Neurology.'
- Deflazacort. // Reactions Weekly;3/13/2010, Issue 1292, p13
The article describes the case of multiple bilateral non-hemorrhagic cerebral infarctions linked with microscopic polyangiitis in a 66-year-old woman.
- Drooping eyelids are more than just a nuisance in older patients. // Geriatrics;Dec95, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p14
Warns that ptosis, or the drooping of upper eyelids, may signal serious consequences in elderly patients. Possibility of patient not knowing that condition is present; Normal lid coverage of the limbus; Common causes of ptosis.
- Impaired filterability of white cells in acute cerebral infarction. Ciuffetti, Giovanni; Balendra, Rani; Lennie, Susan E.; Anderson, James; O'Lowe, Gordon D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/8/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6678, p930
Examines the impaired filterability of white cells in acute cerebral infarction. Reduction of blood filterability in acute stroke; Absence of changes in plasma viscosity, fibrinogen concentration, packed cell volume and filterability of erythrocytes; Measurement of variables in patients with...
- Stroke: Simple scoring system detects nonhemorrhagic infarcts. // Modern Medicine;Oct95, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p37
Presents an abstract of the article `Is It Clinically Possible to Distinguish Nonhemorrhagic Infarct From Hemorrhagic Stroke?' by G. Besson, C. Robert, M. Hommel, et al from `Stroke' dated July 1995.