Tehran revels in new oil find
- Chevron begins lifting from Angolan deep. // African Business;Feb2000, Issue 251, p20
Reports that Chevron's deep-water oil field in Angola has began producing crude oil. Total oil production per day; Opportunities for further oil exploration in the Kuito field; Planned developments in Block 14 of the Kuito field.
- Exploration targets shift in Indonesian seismic evaluation. Fainstein, Roberto // Offshore;Nov2000, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p113
Part I. Provides information on the oil exploration history of Southeast Asia and the expanded use of regional seismic surveys. Geologic setting; Oil field discoveries; Exploration activities.
- E&P wave sweeps Atlantic Canada. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;Sep2005, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p36
The article focuses on the increase in petroleum exploration and prospecting in Atlantic Canada in 2005. During the year, international operators have made increased investments in offshore Newfoundland and Labrador. A lease sale in 2003 laid the foundation for a sizable portion of today's...
- NELP VII: Not so Gushing. Chandramouli, Balaji // Business Today;11/18/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p66
The article focuses on the New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) which aims to offer oil and gas exploration blocks in India. A study by the Directorate General of Hydrocarbons shows that the western offshore region is rich in hydrocarbons. Moreover, the government also plans to sell...
- Oil companies lobby Baghdad over future licensing round. Williams, Perry // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/21/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the changes demanded by major oil companies to Iraq's first oil round since the U.S. invasion, after it emerged that Baghdad is prioritising the development of existing fields on a service-only basis. The first round will focus on the development of existing fields,...
- Seeking New Oil in Old Fields. Byron, Christopher; Lee, Gary; Wurmstedt, Robert C. // Time;4/6/1981, Vol. 117 Issue 14, p64
The article provides information on the petroleum explorers returning to Eastern Overthrust Belt U.S. in search of new oil fields. It states that petroleum hunters lost interest in the region after the discovery of richer oil fields in Texas, California, and Oklahoma. It states the Eastern...
- Kimball. Amundson, Christopher // Nebraska Life;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p46
The article focuses on the town of Kimball, known as Nebraska's oil capital and which became a hub for servicing a huge area of oil fields in eastern Wyoming, northeastern Colorado and western Nebraska. It is noted that Kimball became an oil boomtown and the population climbed from 1,700 to...
- A new oil frontier is born. // African Business;Nov2011, Issue 380, p54
No abstract available.
- CNOOC Auuounces Production from BZ28-2S. // China Chemical Reporter;4/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that CNOOC Ltd. has successfully started the production of 4,000 barrels of oil per day at its Bozhong oil field in China. It mentions that this oil field is the largest among the oil projects anticipated to emerge offshore China in 2009. It states that the oil field is...