Two Health Care Systems Readying $400M in Auction-Rates
- Ambac Stock Downgraded to 'Outperform' by Analyst. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p28
Reports on the rating of the bonds of Ambac Assurance Corp. Financial status of the company.
- Fitch Affirms Bond Insurer Ambac's AAA Rating. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p38
Reports on Fitch's affirmation of Ambac Assurance Corp.'s bond ratings. Financial profile of the company; Range of services provided by Ambac as a full-service guarantor.
- Last-minute shopping. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;12/14/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 50, p14
The article reports on the healthcare fixed-rate bond issuance in the U.S. Park Nicollet Health Services borrowed 191 million U.S. dollar in response to the declining interest rates. Legacy Health System refinanced 127 million U.S. dollar of its outstanding fixed- and variable-rate bonds....
- Kansas City Set to Come to Market With Complex Financing Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p7
Reports on the plan to sell the first part of a two-piece refunding leasehold revenue bond by the city of Kansas in Missouri. Total amount to be issued; Purpose of the transaction to finance several city projects and the expansion of the H. Roe Bartle Convention Center; Role of Ambac Assurance...
- Slow insurance negotiations delay Vermont deal. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30731, p4
Reports on the delay of the bond deal between Fletcher Allen Health Care and Ambac Assurance Corp. in Vermont. Money and refunding deal that will be sold through the Vermont Educational & Health Buildings Financing Agency; Structure of the planned bond issue.
- Illinois toll agency, Ambac part ways over POS wording. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p1
Announces the decision of the Ambac Assurance Corp. to back out of a $336 million refunding bond issue after the breakdown of talks with the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority over the wording of the official statement's disclosure of pending legislation. Implications for the bond market;...
- Ambac Assurance Seeks Dismissal Of Lawsuit Filed by New Orleans. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/3/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32976, p7
The article reports that Ambac Assurance Corp. seeks dismissal of the lawsuit filed by New Orleans in Louisiana which alleges that mismanagement and greed at Ambac cost the city millions of dollars. The city said Ambac's exposure to structured finance products weakened the insurer's status as a...
- Ambac Breaks Tradition. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;09/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30985, p1
Reports on Ambac Assurance Corp.'s backing bonds for the Las Vegas Strip monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Structure of the bonds; Uses of the proceeds from the bond sale; Payment plans for the bonds.
- BATA To Overhaul VR Bonds. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/18/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32921, p1
The article reports on the plan of Bay Area Toll Authority (BATA) to restructure the entire $2.4 billion portfolio of Ambac Assurance Corp. in California. BATA has planned to change $1.9 billion of insured variable-rate demand obligations (VRDOs) to uninsured VDROs with new liquidity facilities....