Task Force: Detroit Health Care Needs 'Safety Net' Agency
- Capturing Lost Charges. // Nursing Economic$;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p41
Duke University Medical Center's Department of Nursing Services (Duke North) in Durham, North Carolina recognized the need for involvement of nurses in cost awareness. On July 10, 1984, a task force was appointed by the nursing director of Duke North. The goal was to provide cost awareness to...
- HEALTHCARE. Keaton-Young, Jessica // Atlanta;Jul2007 City Guide, Vol. 47, p82
The article presents a guide to Atlanta's 20 largest medical centers. Among the medical centers include the Atlanta Medical Center located at 303 Parkway Drive, the Atlanta VA Medical Center located at 1670 Clairmont Road, Decatur, and The Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite...
- The Top 50 Hospitals. Shankar, Amita // njbiz;6/16/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p22
Presents a list of the top 50 hospitals in New Jersey based on the number of admissions in 2003. Hackensack University Medical Center; The Valley Hospital; Saint Barnabas Medical Center.
- NORTHEAST. // Modern Healthcare;5/21/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p33
The article offers news briefs on health care in the Northeast region of the U.S. Paoli Hospital broke ground on a new $145 million patient-care pavilion that will nearly double licensed beds when it opens in the summer of 2009. Bayonne Medical Center has filed for bankruptcy protection,...
- First out of the gate. Haugh, Richard // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2003, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p81
Reports on the grand opening of the Sky Ridge Medical Center facility in Denver, Colorado in 2003. Hospital facilities and services.
- The Healthcare Revolution. Greenberg, Joseph // J@pan Inc.;Jul2008, Issue 78, p14
The article focuses on the innovations in healthcare facilities brought about by Japanese companies. One example is the Osaki DOKTORS medical center which opened in November 2007. The facility recognizes the need to provide preventative medicine, care for lifestyle-related illnesses, stress,...
- Reaching a dead end. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;11/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p28
Presents updates on several hospitals in the U.S. as of November 2003. Improvements in the operation of Detroit Medical Center; Closure of Capitol Hill; Information on Catholic Healthcare West.
- Hospital to open $40M facility. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/15/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 42, p18
The article reports on the newly constructed $40 million building in Danbury Hospital in Connecticut. The three-story Medical Arts Center represents the regional medical center's largest physical expansion in 24 years. Furthermore, it will include multispecialty doctor's offices, cutting-edge...
- Difficult, Dangerous, and Drug Seeking: The 3D Way to Better Patient Care. Carlson, Michael J.; Baker, Laurence H. // American Journal of Public Health;Aug1998, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p1250
The article presents information on the difficult, dangerous, drug seeking (3D) program being implemented at the Portland, Oregon, Veterans Affairs Medical Center for providing care to patients whose behavior is disruptive and obstructs efforts at safe and appropriate care. Patients who are...