Oregon's Idea: $1.9 Billion Infrastructure Act Will Create Jobs
- County Executive in Maryland Seeks Support for Ambitious Transit Plan. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p3
Focuses on the proposal of county executive Douglas M. Duncan for a ten year transportation plan in Washington D.C. Total finance revenue bonds; Reduction of travel time; Increase in public transit use.
- Transportation: States Warn Highway Funding Cuts Will Impact Bonding. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p4
Reports that U.S. states may be forced to scale back their issuance of bonds for transportation projects. Effects of the cut in the federal highway spending; Impacts of the transportation funding amount in the 2003 budget; Role of funds allocated by the trust fund revenue system in improving...
- SDC: Transportation deals up 40%. Keeton, Ann // Bond Buyer;09/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30235, p2
Reports that the amount of bonds sold for transportation deals in the United States is sharply up for 1997 according to figures from Securities Data Co. Increase in dollar volume of transportation deals; Benefits of state highway programs from bond issues; Interest in toll roads around the country.
- IRS ruling puts Alameda corridor on fast track to $800 million deal. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p1
Focuses on the private-letter ruling issued by the US Internal Revenue Service clearing the way for the Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority to issue tax-exempt bonds to help finance the planned rail line in California. Total worth of the tax-exempt bonds to be issued; Details of the...
- California counties use creative angle with sales tax bond. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p1
Reports on the efforts of Marin and Sonoma counties in California to win funding for a $1.1 billion regional transportation plan by reorganizing state election laws to lower the voter threshold. Plans of both counties to issue undetermined sums of bonds; Need for approval of sales tax increases...
- Bonds pushed for timely completion of essential Arkansas highway projects. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p31
Focuses on the proposal to issue bonds to finance transportation projects in Arkansas. Features of capital projects identified by the state for 1999 or 2000; Total worth of the capital projects; Opponents of bond issues for transportation projects.
- Amid Transportation Debate, Connecticut Readies $450M Swap. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p3
Reports on the finalization of preparations by the Connecticut government for a synthetic fixed-rate refunding of special tax bonds sold for transportation projects. Sale of variable-rate refunding bonds by the state; Emphasis on tax rise and sending cuts to balance the general fund; Increase...
- North Carolina House Looks at Speedier Transportation Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p4
The transportation committee for the North Carolina House is discussing a bill on April 22, 2003 that would move forward the sale of $700 million of general obligation bonds that were authorized by voters in 1996. Concerns have been raised over the past few months that some projects that were...
- New Mexico Agency Readies $460M Negotiated Transportation Offering. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/26/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32474, p3
The article reports on the plan of the New Mexico Finance Authority to go into market with a $460 million negotiated offering of transportation revenue bonds. The deal benefits 40 transportation projects throughout the state. The 20-year bonds are part of the $1.6 billion of revenue bonds...