Muni Funds Still Smoking
- Weekly Reporting Funds Take In $197 Million. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p6
Focuses on the net inflow of weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.
- Munis See Outflows for Seventh Straight Week. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32286, p7
The article reports on the net outflows for municipal bond mutual funds, which dropped $137.8 million in the U.S. for the week ended December 21, 2005. The moving average for all municipal bond funds during a four-week period showed net outflows and losses of $130.5 million and total assets in...
- Airline, Tobacco Holdings Put Drag On 1st-Q Earnings. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p6
Municipal bond mutual funds with a lot of airline-related bonds suffered a setback during the first quarter of 2003. The airline sector of the Lehman Brothers High Yield Municipal Index tumbled 18.63 percent on a total return basis during the first quarter. The security behind much of those...
- Muni Net Inflows Up $205.11 Million. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p6
The article reports that net inflows into municipal bond mutual funds rose as weekly reporting funds gained $205.11 million during the week ended June 8, 2005. The results were up from $133.34 million the previous week, and marked a fourth straight week of net inflows into the funds. The...
- Muni Woes Set Off Withdrawal Stampede. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;1/11/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that financial difficulties with U.S. municipal governments sparked a sell off in municipal bond mutual fund markets during a week in January 2011.
- Short-Term Bond Funds Flatline. Bigda, Carolyn // Money;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p52
The article notes that yields on short-term bond funds are up, but the U.S. Federal Reserve's interest rate hikes have hurt prices and kept a cap on returns. The best strategies are to stay invested, consider short-term muni funds, or invest in funds that own bonds that mature in a year or less....
- Outflows Dwindle to $610 Million As Investors Adjust to Headline Risk. SEYMOUR, DAN // Bond Buyer;2/28/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33473, p7
The article offers information regarding the net outflow of municipal bond mutual funds by 610 million dollars.
- Streak Ends as Lipper Reports Muni Outflows. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/21/2016, p6
The article provides statistical information on the inflows and outflows of the financial markets municipal bond funds as reported in the Lipper data.
- Weekly Reporters Take in $150.98 Million. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32294, p5
The article reports that municipal bond mutual funds had a net inflow of $150.98 million during the week ended January 4, 2006. It was reported by AMG Data Services. The fund had a net inflow of $16.2 million in the previous week. Taxable bond mutual funds had a net outflow of $166 million.