Muni Funds Still Smoking
- Weekly Reporting Funds Take In $197 Million. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/11/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32235, p6
Focuses on the net inflow of weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.
- Munis See Outflows for Seventh Straight Week. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32286, p7
The article reports on the net outflows for municipal bond mutual funds, which dropped $137.8 million in the U.S. for the week ended December 21, 2005. The moving average for all municipal bond funds during a four-week period showed net outflows and losses of $130.5 million and total assets in...
- Airline, Tobacco Holdings Put Drag On 1st-Q Earnings. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p6
Municipal bond mutual funds with a lot of airline-related bonds suffered a setback during the first quarter of 2003. The airline sector of the Lehman Brothers High Yield Municipal Index tumbled 18.63 percent on a total return basis during the first quarter. The security behind much of those...
- Muni Net Inflows Up $205.11 Million. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p6
The article reports that net inflows into municipal bond mutual funds rose as weekly reporting funds gained $205.11 million during the week ended June 8, 2005. The results were up from $133.34 million the previous week, and marked a fourth straight week of net inflows into the funds. The...
- Muni Woes Set Off Withdrawal Stampede. Seymour, Dan // American Banker;1/11/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p9
The article reports that financial difficulties with U.S. municipal governments sparked a sell off in municipal bond mutual fund markets during a week in January 2011.
- Short-Term Bond Funds Flatline. Bigda, Carolyn // Money;Dec2005, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p52
The article notes that yields on short-term bond funds are up, but the U.S. Federal Reserve's interest rate hikes have hurt prices and kept a cap on returns. The best strategies are to stay invested, consider short-term muni funds, or invest in funds that own bonds that mature in a year or less....
- Outflows Dwindle to $610 Million As Investors Adjust to Headline Risk. SEYMOUR, DAN // Bond Buyer;2/28/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33473, p7
The article offers information regarding the net outflow of municipal bond mutual funds by 610 million dollars.
- Weekly Reporters Take in $150.98 Million. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32294, p5
The article reports that municipal bond mutual funds had a net inflow of $150.98 million during the week ended January 4, 2006. It was reported by AMG Data Services. The fund had a net inflow of $16.2 million in the previous week. Taxable bond mutual funds had a net outflow of $166 million.
- December Sees $862 Million in Muni Fund Inflows. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p5
Reports on the inflow of millions of dollars in municipal bonds in the United States in December 2000. Retail investments in the first three quarters of 2000; Forecast of increase in mutual funds sales; Shortage of paper in specialty states.