Debt-Ridden Pittsburgh plans to Eliminate 700 Positions
- Letters to the Editor. Malady, Mike; Davidoff, E. Martin; Zuckerberg, Kenneth S. // njbiz;4/13/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p21
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Hold Trenton Accountable on Payroll Taxes" in the March 16, 2009 issue, a commentary on New Jersey's plan to cut government services across the board through furloughs, and a reflection on the NJBIZ...
- Federal furlough hurts tourism. Takemoto, Paul; Edleson, Harriet // Travel Agent;11/27/95, Vol. 277 Issue 11, p114
Reports on the impact of the federal furlough on the United States' tourism industry. Losses incurred by hotels close to the museums; Effect on the United States' credibility as a destination.
- Productivity Shutdown. // Government Executive;Jun2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
The article presents results of a survey conducted to know how the U.S. government shutdown would affect work of employees classified as nonessential.
- Correction. // Education Week;2/26/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p3
A correction to the article on teacher furloughs that was published in the February 12, 1992 issue is presented.
- Quote of the Day: Minnesota Government Shutdown Shows the Sad, Dreadful State of American Partisan Politics. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;7/12/2011, p22
A blog on the Minnesota government shutdown, is presented.
- Staff cuts hit growth managers. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;10/14/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p3
Reports the layoffs of management staff of investment firms in the U.S. Percentage of manpower laid off by Nicholas-Applegate Capital Management Inc.; Elimination of duplication; Replacement of existing staff with a more qualified portfolio managers.
- Oklahoma Employees CU Goes Step Further to Aid Furloughed Employees. Samaad, Michelle A. // Credit Union Times;3/17/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the launch of Oklahoma Employees Credit Union's website www.helpingok.com to help state employees who had been affected by furloughs.
- Unions go to court over state furloughs. Gormley, Michael // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/12/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 112, p1
The article reports on the move of public employee unions to file legal action in federal court as they try to stop furloughs before they are scheduled to start in Albany, New York, New York.
- What Might Have Been. // Government Executive;Jun2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
The article presents information related to employees facing immediate furloughs in the government agencies during the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama.