- HIGHER EDUCATION IN AUSTRALIA: A TIME OF CHANGE. Ramsey, Gregor Allen // Education;Spring88, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p270
Discusses the achievements in higher education in Australia. Two-sector system of higher education; Creative tensions between the sectors which was alleviated by a mojor modification to the Commonwealth Tertiary Education Commission structure in 1984; Review of efficiency and effectiveness in...
- Surviving another Howard Government? rethinking higher education. Wells, Julie // Education Links;Summer2001, Vol. 63, p39
Examines the premises which are operating under the higher education policy of the government of Australian President Howard. Factor which can measure improved access to higher education; Area that needs a radical rethink by any government; Biggest drain in institutional budgets.
- Developments in Russian Higher Education: Legislative and Policy Reform Within a Central and East European Context. Tomusk, Voldemar // Minerva: A Review of Science, Learning & Policy;Summer1998, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p125
Discusses legislative and policy reform and their impact of the development of higher education in Russia during the 1990s. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on higher education.
- Potential Indicators and Assessment Baskets for the Evaluation Model. // Higher Education Management & Policy;2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p177
Topics which relate to the articles that appeared in the periodical "Higher Education Management and Policy" are presented.
- Untitled. // Education Digest;Nov1935, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p43
The article presents a list from the 1935 "Educational Directory" of the U.S. Office of Education, ranking the states with the most number of institutions of higher education in various states. New York is in the first place with 100 institutions. California and Illinois tie for second place...
- Higher education squeezed by state funding pressures. Adler, Marsha Nye // Academe;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p103
Reports on the state funding pressures on Florida higher education. Florida college and university system's deal; 1994 total for general revenue plus lottery funds per student in Florida; Florida's solution for the problem.
- Higher Education White Paper. // Education Journal;Jan2003, Issue 66, p6
Reports on the publication of the British government's White Paper on higher education at the end of January 2003. Freedom of universities to increase tuition fees; Re-introduction of maintenance grants for the poorest students; Government's priority of encouraging access to university of...
- Does decision to close black university in Miss. doom state-supported black colleges and ... // Jet;11/30/92, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the impact a Mississippi university desegregation proposal is expected to have on the state's three historically black universities. Proposal created by the U.S. Supreme Court; Comments from Dr. Samuel L. Myers, president of the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher...
- Meeting the Demand for Higher Education Without Breaking the Bank. Zumeta, William // Journal of Higher Education;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p367
Offers a model of state policymaking as it affects private higher education. Three constructs of policy postures including, laissez-faire, central planning and market-competitive; Relationships of the policies and postures to state characteristics and policy outcome proxies.