Tobacco District COPs
- Replica Ships Are a Headache, Not History, for Corpus Christi. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p26
Reports on the certificates of participation that Corpus Christi, Texas will pay. Use of the proceeds from the certificates for the construction of replicas of ships; Cost of the replicas.
- Texas County COP Sale to Finance a Prison, Maybe Prosperity. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31139, p30
Reports on the sale of taxable revenue certificates of participation by Reeves County, Texas to finance a prison. Structure of the certificates of participation; Payment terms.
- Wine Makes Calif. County's Tender Offer Hard to Refuse. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p3
Reports on Mendocino County, California's tender offer for certificates of participation. Fees that the county will pay to brokers; Success of the county's offer.
- Georgia senate moves on bill that would restrict COPs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30826, p5
Reports that the Georgia Senate has moved on a bill that would restrict how certificates of participation can be used. Bond professionals' concerns on the legislation's effects on the financing tool; Voter approval required by the bill; Key provisions.
- Defaulted 1992 COPs for California Migrant Workers May Yet Bear Fruit. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p4
Reports that investors of defaulted certificates of participation in 1992 to finance a facility for migrant workers in Arvin, California may recoup some amount of their investments. Company in negotiations for purchasing the facility; Reasons for the failure of the investment project;...
- Nebraska Readies $29 Million of COPs and Short-Term Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p3
Reports on deals set by Nebraska state to sell certificates of participation (COP) worth multimillion dollars, in an effort to save money in light of budget shortfalls faced by the state. Finance upgrades to be made possible by the sale of COP; Bonds to be issued by the Nebraska State College...
- School COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p33
Reports on the plan made by the Palm Beach County School Board in Palm Beach County, Florida to sell certificates of participation to meet needs of its students. Manner in which the certificates will be sold; Insurance of the debt by Financial Security Assurance; Rating given to certificates by...
- Florida District Ready to Roll Out $61M of School COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p32
Reports the plan of the school district to roll out $61.4 million insured of certificates of participation in Florida. Importance of the proceeds for the elementary schools; Finance needed for the school; Presentation of the general obligation bond rating of the school district.
- Los Angeles Unified School District Set to Issue $195 Million of COPs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p5
Reports on the plans of Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to issue up to $195 million in certificates of participation (COPs) on December 4, 2002. Distribution of the amount for various issues; Deal made by LAUSD with other companies regarding COPs; Plans of LAUSD to issue general...