Rise in Interest Rates Has Charlotte Anxious to Issue
- North Carolina County Goes Variable Rate With More to Come. // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p26
Reports on the expected maturity of variable rate certificate of participation and variable-rate general obligations of a county in North Carolina.. Plan of rating the variable-rate certificates to the sale date; Implementation of two interest rate swap agreements allowing it to swap the...
- Missouri Refunding $125M of Lease-Backed COPs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/16/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32091, p30
Reports that Missouri will competitively sell certificates of participation (COP) in a refunding that will strengthen the lease structure behind the debt. Pre-qualification of the transaction for triple-A insurance; Security of the COP by lease payments subject to an annual appropriation of the...
- Raleigh Kicks Off $215 Million COP Sale for Convention Center Project. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p3
The article reports that officials of Raleigh, North Carolina has planned to sell US$215 million of certificates of participation (COPs), beginning with US$27.2 million of fixed-rate Series 2005A COPs, as it funds an ambitious convention center and hotel project in its downtown area. Citigroup...
- RHODE ISLAND: State Plans $51M of COPs. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;11/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32760, p9
The article reports on the intention of Rhode Island to sell approximately $1.5 billion of outstanding general obligation bonds on December 29, 2007 to refinance $51 million of certificates of participation. According to Peter Kerwin, spokesman for Treasurer Frank Caprio, the bond issuance is in...
- Miami-Dade Inks School Swaps With RBC, Merrill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32366, p1
The article reports on the closure of interest rate swaps of Miami-Dade County School District in the bond market in the U.S. The district introduced competitive bids amounting to 197.3 million dollars to lock up in fixed rates on certificates of participation sold in auction and multimodal-rate...
- Tobacco District COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p29
Reports that Durham, North Carolina will sell multi-million dollars worth of certificates of participation.
- Replica Ships Are a Headache, Not History, for Corpus Christi. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31035, p26
Reports on the certificates of participation that Corpus Christi, Texas will pay. Use of the proceeds from the certificates for the construction of replicas of ships; Cost of the replicas.
- Texas County COP Sale to Finance a Prison, Maybe Prosperity. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31139, p30
Reports on the sale of taxable revenue certificates of participation by Reeves County, Texas to finance a prison. Structure of the certificates of participation; Payment terms.
- Wine Makes Calif. County's Tender Offer Hard to Refuse. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p3
Reports on Mendocino County, California's tender offer for certificates of participation. Fees that the county will pay to brokers; Success of the county's offer.