Finance Reports: Colorado Water Bond Campaign Has Collected $150,000
- Mote 2013 Events Calendar. // Sarasota Magazine;Sep2013, Vol. 35 Issue 13, special section p2
A calendar of events related to "Mote Magazine" from October-November 2013 including the Oceanic Evening annual black-tie fundraiser of Mote at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, the Youth Ocean Conservation Summit and Film Festival, and the Night of Fish, Fun & Fright event.
- Burrell's rum shack is just too cool. // Harpers Wine & Spirit;3/15/2013, Issue 100, p12
The article presents information on the Great Britain's RumFest founder Ian Burrell, who will travel thousands of miles across three continents and two oceans to raise money for the water charity in Great Britain. It informs that the money raised will go towards the Wine to Water campaign that...
- GOOD WILL RUNNING. MacMillan, Amanda // Travel & Leisure;Jun2007, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p56
The article reports that 20 athletes are running more than 14,000 miles in the round-the-world relay, called the Blue Planet Run, to be held on June 1-September 4, 2007. The event will help to raise money to solve the global water crisis. All along the route of the relay are chances for...
- Browns walk for water. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Sep2010, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the participation of former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and his wife Sarah in walks to promote the Coast Along fundraising campaign of WaterAid.
- FASHION CARES MAKES A STRATEGIC RETREAT. Dagostino, Scott // Xtra (Toronto);4/9/2009, Issue 638, p17
The article reports on the announcement by the AIDS Committee of Toronto (ACT) that its Fashion Cares fund raising event will not be held in 2009.
- Concerns raised over Birmingham Pride. Higgins, Chris // Gay Times (09506101);Jun2003, Issue 297, p68
Discusses concerns over the seventh annual Birmingham Pride fundraising event in England in May 2003. Issue on the fund raised by the Birmingham Pride Committee; Businesses which were allowed to officially participate in Birmingham Pride in May 2003.
- LOCAL NEWS AND EVENTS. // Collinsville Herald;8/22/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 34, pB3
This section offers news briefs from Southern Illinois. The Protect Seniors from Fraud program of Madison County aims to educate families and seniors on how to protect themselves against scams. The Phase II Water Conservation order of the city of Edwardsville bans residents from watering or...
- HOW BLUE are you? // National Geographic Kids;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 386, p24
The article focuses on how children could help in water conservation. They can organize a clean-up day and pick up trash at a nearby river, stream, pond, lake, or ocean beach. Children could ask their teachers if they can put up posters at school. They could raise money to help bring clean...
- yogis make waves. Lugea, Kelley // Yoga Journal;Oct2008, Issue 214, p123
The article offers information on the efforts of the Karma is Action, a California-based nonprofit that promotes fundraising through yoga and collects pledges to raise money for environmental organizations supporting water conservation. The fundraiser benefits nonprofit organizations including...