MSRB Elects Five to Replace Board Members Leaving Oct. 1
- MSRB Eyes Plan To Expand. ACKERMAN, ANDREW; HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;7/22/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33354, p1
The article reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has planned to add four more board members as it transition to majority public membership in October 2010.
- Direct ARS and VRDO Feed Would Cost $10,000 a Year. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/11/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33365, p5
The article reports on the possibility that the cost for variable rate demand obligations (VRDO) and direct auction-rate securities (ARS) to be submitted to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in the U.S. will cost 10,000 dollars a year.
- Regulator Marks 30 Years. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32210, p1
Celebrates the 30th year anniversary of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in Washington D.C. Factors that helped shape the growth and role of the municipal market's primary regulatory; History of the MSRB; Bond sales of the organization.
- MSRB Proposals Focus on MA Ads, Record Keeping. QUIGLEY, JOAN // Bond Buyer;8/11/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33564, p4
The article reports on the proposal by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to ban false and misleading advertising by municipal advisor and require them to make written records of their advisory engagements.
- Munis Unchanged, as Data Comes in Strong. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/3/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32621, p2
No abstract available.
- MSRB's Heavy Agenda: Defends Rule Changes for Underwriter Fair-Dealing. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;1/31/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33655, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has defended its proposed guidance on fair-dealing for underwriters. It relates that the proposal would prohibit dealers from telling issuers not to hire a financial advisor. Moreover, the measure would require...
- MSRB Says Broker-Dealers Must Report ARS Buybacks Under RTRS. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/3/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32953, p4
The article reports on the notice issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) concerning broker dealers in the U.S. The notice requires broker-dealers buying back auction-rate securities (ARS) from their customer to report their purchases under MSRB's Real-Time Transaction...
- VR Debt Keeps On Shrinking. Hemmerdinger, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;6/20/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33734, p1
The article focuses on a report by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board regarding the continuous shrinking of the market for variable-rate demand obligations and auction-rate securities in the U.S. It is noted that outstanding auction-rate securities (ARS) par fell to 39 billion dollars in...
- MSRB Examines Rules. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32794, p1
The article reports on the initiative of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to examine its rules on securities in Washington. Frank Chin, chairman of MRSB, said that this examination of rules is made to see whether dealers should be reminded of any obligations that relate to fair...