State Tax Revenues Fall for 8th Consecutive Quarter, Analyst Says
- Kansas Buoyed as August Revenues Come in 10% Higher Than Forecast. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33377, p4
The article cites a report from the Department of Revenue which shows a 10% increase in general fund revenue in August 2010 due to the increase in sales and income taxes in Kansas.
- State Tax Revenues Grow 8.4% In 3Q; Southwest Biggest Gainer. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p4
Reports on the growth of state tax revenue in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2004. Comparison with previous quarters; Percentage of increase in state tax revenue, adjusted for inflation.
- Q3 State Tax Revenue Gains. // Educational Marketer;11/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the growth in real tax revenue in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2004.
- Derivations of Estimating Equations Based on Time Series. Pechman, Joseph A. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;1973, Issue 2, p414
Presents an appendix to an article on taxation.
- Measuring Tax Effort In Central and Eastern Europe. Mertens, Jo Beth // Public Finance & Management;Dec2003, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p530
This paper uses the method of measuring tax capacity and tax effort to analyze how well Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries are utilizing their tax capacities, relative to one another. Using panel data for ten CEE countries covering the years 1992-2000, I construct a tax effort index...
- Data Briefing. // Accountancy;Apr2004, Vol. 133 Issue 1328, p104
This article presents tabular charts on taxation in Great Britain as of April 2004.
- Trends of the Federal Tax Structure. // Congressional Digest;May47, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p138
Provides background on the trends of the federal tax structure in the U.S. Use of internal revenue levies during the Civil War; Adoption of the income tax Amendment in 1913; Citation of the Revenue Act of 1913; Formation of the Internal Revenue Bureau.
- TABLE FFO-5.–Internal Revenue Receipts by State, 2002. // Treasury Bulletin;Mar2003, p20
Presents a U.S. federal fiscal operations chart showing Internal Revenue receipts by state in 2002. Total individual income and employment taxes; Income tax not withheld; Railroad retirement; Unemployment insurance.
- ARIZONA: Maricopa Revenue Tanks. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/20/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33044, p9
The article reports on the data, showing that the tax revenues of Maricopa County, Arizona continue to plummet as county departments are preparing for a 20% budget cut in 2010. The country's largest source of funding was said to be $15.3 million below expectations, having a drop of $5 million....