NEWS IN BRIEF
- New Jersey Acting Governor Names Attorney as Treasurer Candidate. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p29
Reports on the nomination of Isabel Miranda by New Jersey acting governor Donald T. DiFrancesco, to be state treasurer. Confirmation of the nomination by the state Senate; Career profile of Miranda; Role of a treasurer in the approval and implementation of the state budget and bond sales.
- D.C.'s Fenty Pegs Albert as Deputy Mayor For Planning, Economic Development. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p3
The article reports on the nomination of Neil O. Albert by District of Columbia Mayor-elect Adrian M. Fenty as his deputy mayor for planning and economic development, a top level post that involves oversight of a number of bond-financed projects. Albert is a founding president and chief...
- Who'll Lead the SEC? Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p1
Reports the candidates for the chairmanship of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the United States. Background of James R. Doty, top candidate of Texas Governor George W. Bush; List of nominees of Vice President Al Gore; Achievements of Arthur Levitt as SEC chairman.
- MSRB Asking for Candidates to Replace Five Board Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/29/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31562, p5
Reports on the recommendation made by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to nominate individuals by March 3, 2003, for replacing five members from its 15-member board. Different financial sectors from where nominations for the board are made; Information on members whose term will...
- Security Bush picks three for posts at new department. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/2/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 23, p9
Focuses on the appointment of officials in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security by President George W. Bush after creating the department on November 25, 2002. Persons selected by Bush for appointment at top posts; Requirement of Senate's confirmation for the nominees; Plan to combine...
- Search Resumes For Tsa Leader After Harding Bows Out. // AirGuide Online.com;4/5/2010, p2
The article reports on the search for a new leader of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) after General Robert Harding has withdrawn his nomination due to ethical problems.
- N.J. Treasurer to Step Down When Governor Sworn In. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32294, p6
The article reports that New Jersey Treasurer John McCormac plans to retire January 17, the day when governor-elect Jon Corzine is slated to be sworn in. In the capacity of treasurer, McCormac oversees 11 operating divisions including the state's Office of Management and Budget and its Office of...
- Will Conservative Cox Clash With SEC Enforcement Chief? Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jul2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p20
The article discusses the nomination of Representative Christopher Cox (R-Calif.) as chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Some observers are unsure of how Cox would deal with new SEC director of enforcement Linda Chatman Thomson. Cox is considered more...
- Treasury Details Quarterly Refunding. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p2
Reports on the decline in quarter refunding in Washington. Offer of notes to refund privately held notes and bonds; Auctions of securities.