Electric Power Issuance Surges 100%, and Insurers Line Up
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p35
Presents figures pertaining to the issue of bonds in various states of the U.S.
- Muni Insurance Drops Overall, But Is Up Short-Term Market. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/07/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30948, p10A
Reports on municipal bond insurance in the United States for the first half of 2000. Penetration of bond insurance in the muni market; Willingness of investors to accept uninsured paper.
- Insurance Sounds a High Note in Otherwise Flat Market, S&P Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;04/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30873, p32
Reports on positive pricing and credit trends in bond insurance in the United States. Benefits that premium rates get from wider credit quality spreads.
- Bond Insurers' Margin of Safety Is Up, S&P Analyst Says. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30889, p6
Reports on bond insurers' margin of safety in the United States. Adoption of more conservative underwriting standards; Public finance weighted-average capital charges.
- Ruling Could Give Insurers A Loophole. Kinnander, Ola; Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30899, p1
Reports on the controversy in an Alabama Supreme Court decision related to the bond insurance. Establishment of a loophole allowing bond insurers to avoid paying investors in some defaults; Details of the ruling.
- Detroit to Kick Off Fall Issuance With $150M in Two Sales. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/3/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31711, p34
Reports on the rise of Detroit to refund bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Assessment of risk management fund of Detroit; Prediction regarding the proceed of bonds issued by Detroit;
- THE BOND BUYER TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33607, p6
The article offers information related to bonds including the concerns raised by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on the premiums paid for bond insurance, the technical default faced by Stockton, California on its redevelopment agency debt, and the unfunded pensions of Rhode Island.
- Energy. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/29/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p36
Presents a graph and charts related to bond issues in the energy industry for January 2001. Graph of technology underwriting volume; Tabulation of volume issue by product; Equity and debt deals; Top new issues managers; Equity underwriting calendar.
- Analysts Hail Bond Plan to Ease California Power Woes. Finestone, Deborah; Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31066, p39
Reports on a bond plan to ease California's power shortage. Elements of an energy plan; Purchase of power through long-term contracts.