IG Stays Put
- Legislators try to give zoning control back to cities, counties. Lane, Michael // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/16/2003, Issue 323087, p21
Comments on the Assembly Bill 1221 proposed by John Campbell and Darrell Steinberg in California. Design of the proposed legislation; Promotion of housing developments by the legislation; Sales taxes received by cities and counties.
- Rep. Campbell reintroduces bill to combat eminent domain threat. // Mortgage Banking;Sep2013, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p12
The article reports that John Campbell, U.S. Representative from California has reintroduced his legislation called the Defending American Taxpayers, to combat the use of eminent domain to seize residential mortgages by local municipalities.
- Legislation would expand risks covered. GEISEL, JERRY // Business Insurance;9/5/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p15
No abstract available.
- Battle Lines Drawn Over SB 796 Repeal Attempt. Cziborr, Bhris // Orange County Business Journal;5/10/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the efforts of Orange County state assemblyman John Campbell to repeal a new California law allowing workers to sue their employers. Citation of the lawsuit faced by Amgen Inc.; Threat against business enterprises; Citation of the benefits gained by lawyers.
- The 2005-2006 California Budget. // Orange County Business Journal;7/18/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p43
Presents an excerpt from the comments of conservative legislators in California regarding the country's budget for 2005 to 2006. Restoration of authority to the governor to make mid-year spending reductions from Tom McClintock; Promotion of John Campbell to the Deficit Prevention Act; Proposal...
- GOVERNMENT. Padilla, Mathew // Orange County Business Journal;12/13/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p19
The article focuses on the political personality and government of the U.S. states, that were expected to make a mark in 2004. As expected, State Senator, John Campbell continued to play a hot hand in 2004. Campbell tried to keep Californian Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger toeing a fiscally...
- Workers' Compensation--More Than Half a Loaf. // Orange County Business Journal;4/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p91
Focuses on the views of legislators Tom McClintock and John Campbell about the reform of the workers' compensation in California. Provisions on permanent disability awards; Effect of the bill on the filing of claims; Management of claims.
- Bill Wants Government Guarantees for Private Label MBS. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;6/6/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p3
The article reports on the bill sponsored by Representative John Campbell which aims to provide government guarantees on privately issued mortgage-backed securities (MBS) in the U.S.
- The Agenda: Legislators Line Up 2005 Business Goals. Cziborr, Chrts // Orange County Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p16
The article presents views of U.S. legislators from Orange County, California on the state's business climate. Republican from Irvine, California John Campbell says that he is going to carry Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's solar energy proposal but along with that he would be trying to include...