N.J. Issuance, Tobacco Deals Drive Northeast Bond Boom
- Two Big But Different California Deals Dominate Slate. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/19/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31865, p6
Provides information on the bond issues of the California state government. Schedule on the pricing of the bond issues; Amount on the general obligation offering of the state; Insurer on the revenue refunding of the Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p57
Presents a table listing the changes in the amount of the government bonds issued by various states over the week ended August 28, 2003.
- Louisiana Leaves Tobacco Money on Table. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;Aug2013, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses the 660 million U.S. dollar refinancing for tobacco bonds in Louisiana. It argues on the accuracy of decision of the state to enter the securitization market after getting only 83 million dollars below the estimated 142 million dollars savings. The state government says...
- Forecasting the Yield on 10-Year State Bonds as Part of the WACC for Regulated Industries. Van Banda, Mark Hartog; Mulder, Machiel // International Research Journal of Applied Finance;Feb2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p174
We assess the power of four different reference periods of historical data (1 day, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years) to predict the future yield on 10 year State bonds of four countries (Germany, the Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom). Using data on 1993-2012, a period in which financial...
- Tobacco Move Doesn't Faze Virginia. Vadum, Matlhow; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p1
The article reports that the tobacco bond prices were slightly sluggish yesterday following the news that major tobacco companies have entered into arbitration, hoping to win permission to lower payments they make to states under the terms of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA). The...
- Coalition Uses Web to Attack Proposed Curbs on Issuance. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;6/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32154, p4
This article reports that the Built By Bonds Coalition in the U.S. unveiled a new web site which is designed both to inform the public and federal lawmakers about the role municipal bonds play in building infrastructure and to lobby against eight recent Joint Tax Committee proposals that would...
- Oklahoma Agency Moves Up American Indian Center Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32927, p6
The article reports that Oklahoma Capitol Improvement Authority will issue $25 million of state facilities revenue bonds for the American Indian Cultural Center and Museum. This will be initiated sooner than originally scheduled so construction can continue at the state-owned facility in...
- Minnesota Ready to Go With Bonds for Vikings Stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34041, p1
The article offers information related to the launch of Minnesota's of state general fund appropriation bonds of worth 468 million U.S. dollars for Minnesota Vikings's new football stadium as of January 9, 2014. It informs that the bonds cover the state's 350 million U.S. dollars share of the...
- The 'Illinois Effect' Skews Numbers Lower. Albanese, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p34
Reports on the municipal bond issuance performance in the Middle West. Impact of the combination of tax-exempt and taxable issuance in Illinois on Midwest rankings; Amount of sold municipal bond in Chicago; Increase in bond borrowing in South Dakota.