Indianapolis Officials Trying to Limit Tax Reassessment's Impact
- City begins budget planning. HOLDER, CASEY // Graham Leader;6/25/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 90, p2
The article reports that aldermen started planning budget for the 2015 fiscal year for Graham, Texas on June 19 council meeting in the city.
- Spending plan for 2012 nets approval. Bandle, Scott // South County Journal;1/11/2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, pA1
The article reports that the Board of Aldermen of Fenton, Missouri approved the 2012 city budget after deciding to split a certain full-time job into two part-time jobs without benefits in the financial and community development departments.
- Batavia, NY Residents to Choose Own Hauler. // Solid Waste Report;4/1/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the approval of the 23 million U.S. dollar budget by city council members of Batavia in New York that will exclude city garbage services.
- Council tries to nip Bloomie's cuts in the bud. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;11/21/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 47, p45
Focuses on the attempts of City Council members of Harlem in New York City, New York to prevent deductions in the budget proposed by the city mayor Michael Bloomsberg. Order of the speaker, Gifford Miller, to address objectionable items in the budget plan; Support of the Contract Committee's...
- Mohawk Council budget items questioned. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;4/20/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p5
The article presents information on the budget of the Mohawk Council of Kahnawake that has been questioned by a member of the council.
- No budget, no power. Wright, Marcus; Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;4/15/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 23, pA1
The article reports on issues involving the Consent Agreement (CA) approved by five council members in Detroit, Michigan that adds another bureaucracy to local government and provide control of the municipal's budget to the state.
- City, school OK budgets, tax rates. // East Bernard Express (TX);9/22/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 38, pA1
The article reports on the approval of the East Bernard City Council to its budget and tax rate for the fiscal year 2011-2012 in East Bernard, Texas.
- Council raises tax rate 3 cents. Young, Cherry // Graham Leader;9/9/2009, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p1A
The article reports on the move of Graham City Council to vote to raise the tax rate by three cents in Graham, Young County, Texas. It notes the thoughts of City Manager Larry Fields emphasizing that the reason for the proposal is to make up losses experienced in the decline in sales and...
- Aide to D.C. Mayor: Agreement Near at Hand to Close Budget Gap. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p5
Reports the agreement of council members and Mayor Anthony A. Williams on eliminating the projected shortfall in the fiscal 2003 budget in Washington D.C. Discussion on the ways to deal with the budgetary hole; Official revenue estimates for fiscal 2003; Approval of district governments's...