Ohio, West Virginia File Lawsuits Against Freddie Mac
- Freddie Didn't Dampen Refis: Report. Berry, Kate // American Banker;9/28/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F338, p10
The article notes the U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency's inspector general released a report which found no evidence that government-sponsored enterprise Freddie Mac used interest rate hedging or discouraged homeowners from refinancing mortgages.
- Ohio Sues Freddie For Investment Loss. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;8/11/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 153, p20
Ohio attorney general Jim Petro announced Friday that he had filed a lawsuit against Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. (Freddie) to recover funds lost by the state teacher and public employee retirement systems during Freddie's recent accounting crisis. According to a spokeswoman, the retirement...
- Lenders May Get Burned By GSE Suit. Fernandez, Tommy // American Banker;12/9/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 234, p1
Focuses on the lawsuits filed against government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) Federal National Mortgage Association and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.'s underwriting systems by U.S. lending companies. Allegations against the GSE; Probability of decline in efficiency of underwriting systems;...
- Former GSE Execs Targeted. Horwitz, Jeff // National Mortgage News;1/2/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on he efforts of U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in executing legal procedures on the criminal and corporate offense committed by GSE former executives Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Race harrassment complaint filed against Freddie Mac. // Jet;08/18/97, Vol. 92 Issue 13, p48
Reports on the filing of a racial harrassment complaint by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. in McLean, Virginia. Details of the claims against the financial group.
- Pension Funds Amend Freddie Lawsuit. // American Banker;5/21/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 97, p2
The article reports on actions against Freddie Mac. Two pension funds which were involved in a class action against Freddie Mac have amended their complaint in regards to former executives from Freddie that allegedly defrauded shareholders. The lawsuit began in August 2008 and Freddie had...
- Ohio AG Says Freddie Did Not Disclose Subprime Exposure. Harmon, Jennifer // National Mortgage News;2/25/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Ohio attorney-general Marc Dann against Freddie Mac, which accuses the firm of fraud and secretly and intentionally participating in one of the largest housing investment deceptions in the U.S. The class-action shareholder suit seeks relief on behalf...
- Rainbow/push to support bias lawsuit. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;06/11/98, Vol. 89 Issue 24, p20
Reports that a class-action racial bias lawsuit against the Federal Home Mortgage Loan Corporation (Freddie Mac), by Tony Morgan, a former top official of the firm will be supported by Reverend Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Coalition. Allegations leveled at Freddie Mac; Information on the lawsuit;...
- Glazer sues over firing. // American Libraries;Sep96, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p17
Reports that Fred Glazer, who was fired as West Virginia State Librarian, April 22, 1996 has filed a suit in Kanawha County Circuit Court to challenge his dismissal. What the suit charges; What the suit is based on; Fund to help pay for Glazer's case; Address for contributions.