Recall Candidates Await Ballot Positions As Market Awaits California Rans
- The recall election is bad public policy. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/8/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 33, p39A
Focuses on the impact of the 2003 recall election on the funds of the state of California. Level of public spending; Use of funds for political campaigns; Removal of several public officials from the office.
- After Davis, The Deluge. // American Prospect;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p7
Comments on the move of Republican Congressman Darrell Issa to fund a campaign to gather the signatures required to place a recall of California Governor Gray Davis before voters. Details of the special election if the campaign succeeds; Political background and prospects of Issa; Implications...
- MISSING: ROSY SCENARIO. Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;8/2/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p2504
Presents views on possible scenarios of the recall election against California Governor Gray Davis in 2003 and how effective the resulting governor would be at working with the Legislature. Implications of a Davis victory in the recall election; Implications of a Republican victory for the...
- DAVIS VS. DAVIS. McCarthy, Terry; Tumulty, Karen // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/4/2003, Issue 30, p11
The article focuses on California Governor Gray Davis's campaign strategy for the state's unprecedented recall election set for October 7, 2003. His strategy is to run against the recall effort itself. His private polling has shown voters turn against it when they realize it will cost upwards of...
- The Auction Election that Killed Labor. MARSH, TAYLOR // Moderate Voice;6/7/2012, p13
The article discusses the issues concerning the recall election in Wisconsin. It says that U.S. President Barack Obama will never show up because of the hatred Democrats have in the Obama administration to pull out and pursue the right political discussion. The author points out the significant...
- That's entertainment. // Commonweal;10/24/2003, Vol. 130 Issue 18, p5
Comments on the recall election conducted in California that was viewed by the public as an event of entertainment. Criticism faced by actor Arnold Schwarzenegger on his entry into politics; Perception on the actor's campaign; Problem associated with the budget deficit of the state.
- Solutions to E-Voting. McConnell, Carolyn // Yes!;Summer2004, Issue 30, p7
Reports on the debate over the use of electronic voting machines in the United States. California Secretary of State Kevin Shelley's call for a criminal investigation of Deibold over charges it installed uncertified voting machines; Criticism of electronic voting; Verified Voting's plan to lobby...
- Survival by falsehood. DeCloet, Derek // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/05/98, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p13
Discusses accusations against British Columbia's New Democratic Party (NDP). The failure of recall petitions by Education Minister Paul Ramsey and NDP Helmut Giesbrecht; Investigation by forensic accountant Ron Parks into anti-recall campaigns; Premier Glen Clark struggling to explain money...
- Should Recalls Be Allowed? // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/15/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p7
Presents opposing views on allowing recalls for governors in California.