Maryland's St. Mary's County Readies $40.5M Package
- Attractive Rates in 2001 Had Southwest Refunding Like Mad. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p50
Focuses on refunding deals in the bond market of southwestern U.S. states, as of February 19, 2002. Percentage increase in combined refunding and new-money issues; Factors that led to increase in amount of refunding according to data from an investment firm; Authorities that brought large...
- Supply worries, data gap bring prices down. Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p2
Reports that the supply concerns heading into the Washington government's quarterly refunding has pulled Treasury prices lower. Factors that contributed to the market's decline; Data on the status of long bond and notes.
- Safe harbor from yield burning urged. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30345, p4
Reports on the agreement among municipal industry bond counsel and issuer groups in the United States on an approach that federal regulators should adopt to determine which advance refunding would not be subject to enforcement action for yield-burning abuses. Group's failure to consult with US...
- More Current Bond Covenants Can Make Restructurings Much Easier. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30743, p38
Reports on the importance of restructuring bond indentures that restrict public power utilities' use of funds in preparing for a competitive bond market in the United States. New York Power Authority's refunding of outstanding debt; Change of the debt ratio coverage covenant.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p22
Presents a list of bonds that have been called and redeemed their issuers in the United States, as of January 7, 2000. Includes bonds issued by the District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency; Pinellas County, Florida Housing Finance Authority; Southwest Florida Housing Development Corp.;...
- Chicago agency's parks offering puts accent on minority participation. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p32
Reports on a $19 million revenue refunding bond issue by the Public Building Commission of Chicago in Illinois on December 3, 1998. Target investors; Plans of reaching 30 percent minority participation in the deal.
- Deal preview: Washington State steps up with $125 million refunding. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;07/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30193, p2
Reports on Washington State's announcement of $125 million bond refunding in an effort to achieve its historical present-value savings target of five percent after bond market pushed interest rates.
- Morgan Stanley to run N.Y.C. refunding deal. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30386, p3
Reports that Morgan Stanley Dean Witter will serve as book-running senior manager for a New York City refunding deal scheduled on the week of June 8, 1998. Plans of selling between $500 million and $1 billion of fixed-rate refunding bonds.
- N.J.'s Borrowing Bonanza. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p1
Focuses on the bond and investment market in New Jersey in the week following January 21, 2003. Sale of refunding bonds by the Transportation Trust Fund Authority; Decrease in sales tax revenue; Issue of bonds for open-space preservation by the Garden State Preservation Trust Fund.