Muni Yields Drop 2-3 Basis Points, Treasuries Dip Ahead of Fed Meeting
- Munis Rally as the Other Italian Shoe Drops. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;11/10/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33614, p2
The article reports on the condition of the municipal market in the U.S. It indicates that the market shows some significant gains with some bumps in the scale across the board, and there was a fair of amount of product to work through in both the negotiated and competitive markets. The...
- Weekly Reporters Post $614M of Outflows. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32780, p7
The article offers information on the weekly report of the municipal bond mutual fund market in the U.S. The reports from AMG Data Services indicated that the market had a net outflow of $614 million during the period ending December 19, 2007. This is the largest net cash outflow from June 30,...
- Slow Session Sees Munis Little Changed Ahead of Jobs Report. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. finished little changed on June 3, 2004, in muted trading as the market treaded ahead of the May employment report on June 4, 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the bond market.
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Munis Firm a Bit Ahead of Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32585, p2
The article talks about developments in the U.S. municipal market. The author has stressed that the municipal market was slightly firmer on March 12, 2007 as participants looked toward a full slate of primary market issuance and potential market-moving data. According to traders, tax-exempt...
- Volume Rises to $6.2B with Connecticut and Washington Leading the Pack. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;9/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34384, p1
Prices of top-shelf municipal bonds finished weaker on Friday, traders said, with yields on some maturities rising by as much as two basis points. Traders and other market participants are now turning their attention towards next week deals, in anticipation of more 'chunkier' issues.
- MassDevelopment Readying Two Sales to Benefit Local YMCA Branches. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p6
The article reports on the plan of Massachusetts Development Finance Agency to sell a total of $42 million bonds to finance the projects for the YMCA of Greater Worcester and North Slope. The Greater Worcester project will receive $25 million while $17 million is allotted for North Shore. The...
- Munis Unchanged in 'Typically Quiet' Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p2
The article offers information on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to many traders in the country, the municipal market has experienced a stable performance. Meanwhile, the Treasury market has shown some gains with 2.62% yields in 10 years and 3.69% in 20 years....
- Munis Follow Treasuries Down As Traders Try to Regain Composure. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Ariastasija // Bond Buyer;12/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32020, p2
This article reports that municipal bonds followed Treasuries, finishing as much as five basis points cheaper, while governments pared losses late in the day. On the third consecutive day of rising yields, traders said activity was muted as participants tried to regain composure. While munis...