NEWS IN BRIEF
- Moody's: Private Colleges May Have Trouble Getting Students. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p5
Focuses on a report by the financial services company Moody's Investors Service Inc. which suggests that private colleges and universities in the U.S. could face difficulty in getting students due to the impact of the bond market on incomes of households. Affordability of tuition fees...
- Mass. Health Bill Is a Negative: Moody's. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/8/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33761, p5
The article presents information on a report from Moody's Investors Service Inc., according to which a health care bill of Massachusetts signed by its Governor Devil Patrick that limits increases in health care costs is a credit negative to the hospitals of state.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: A National Roundup. Abercrombie, Karen L.; Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy; Coles, Adrienne D.; Trotter, Andrew; Jacobson, Linda; Galley, Michelle; Furlan, Candice; Archer, Jeff // Education Week;02/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p4
Presents news briefs related to United States (US) education. US Department of Education's civil rights' review of a South Carolina's elementary school's program; Turnover of the financial management of a school police force to a Portland, Oregon's chief of police; School bus and tractor-trailer...
- NEWS IN BRIEF: National. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy; Galley, Michelle; Schnaiberg, Lynn; Furlan, Candice; Bradley, Ann; Abercrombie, Karen L. // Education Week;05/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p4
Presents update on education in the United States (US) as of May 26, 1999. Features of the stamp unveiled by the US Postal Service titled `Desegregating Public Schools'; Controversy surrounding Illinois' waiver law; Amount the Trefler Foundation has donated to East Boston and Madison Park...
- Report Roundup. Trotter, Andrew; Abercrombie, Karen L.; Olson, Lynn; Viadero, Debra; Galley, Michelle; Walsh, Mark; Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;05/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p10
Presents update on education in the United States as of May 26, 1999. Findings of the report on the use of technology in urban schools; Factors that can hinder a child's chances of success as an adult; Information on the guide titled `Making the Grade: A School Guide to School Drug Prevention...
- Children & Families. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;05/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p11
Presents update on education in the United States as of May 26, 1999. Problem with California's supply of preschool and child-care slots; Information on the welfare reform study of the University of Chicago.
- Special Education. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;05/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p14
Presents update on education in the United States as of May 26, 1999. Features of the federal report on discipline and special education students; Bill East as executive director of the National Association of State Directors of Special Education.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: Washington. Portner, Jessica; Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;05/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p21
Presents update on education in the United States as of May 26, 1999. Information on the broad-based juvenile-justice bill passed by the Senate; Discussion on the spending plan passed by the House Appropriations Committee; Provisions under the tax-free-account bill passed by the Senate Finance...
- Moody's Negative On Higher Ed. Sector. // Education Week;1/23/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p4
The article discusses a decision by the credit rating firm Moody's Investors Service to decrease in projections for the higher education industry in the U.S., noting how issues related to federal and state higher education budget cuts and declining college enrollment played a role in the decision.