Pataki Proposes Alternate MAC Plan
- Gov. Pataki: Use revenue windfall to allay New York's debt burden. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30849, p32
Reports on New York Governor George E. Pataki's proposal calling for the use of the state's higher-than-expected revenues to help reduce debt burden until fiscal year 2002. Proposed increase in the funding for the state's Debt Reduction Reserve Fund; Promotion of debt reform in the state.
- New York Gov. Pataki Tightens Fiscal Belt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31245, p35
Focuses on the spending cuts and debt restructuring order of Governor George E. Pataki in New York. Plans to stabilize the budget of state; Financial assistance from the federal government.
- Analysts: N.Y. debt needs talking about, but candidate's reforms fall short. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30501, p31
Presents views regarding New York State's debt and proposed solutions by Democrat candidate for governor, Peter F. Vallone. Proposals outlined by Vallone before the Citizens Budget Committee; Comments on Governor George Pataki's general obligation borrowing.
- Hevesi: N.Y.'s Annual Debt Service Will Balloon to $6B by 2010. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32230, p3
Focuses on the annual report of Comptroller Alan Hevesi on the financial condition of New York. Increase in the outstanding debt of the state in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2005; Intention of the report to provide basic information on trends and spending by the state government to local...
- N.Y.'s PACB Faces Billions in Debt Questions as Pataki Exits. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p52
The article reports on the debt questions face by the Public Authorities Control Board as Governor George Pataki's stewardship end. The board consideration of the bond authorization requests during the December 20, 2006 conference has aroused questions due to the unfinished traditional debts....
- Synthetic Debt Strategy. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31909, p1
Reports that the administration of New York Governor George E. Pataki has asked state agencies to approve up to two billion dollars of synthetic variable-rate debt swaps. Names of agencies asked; Aim of helping the state ton control state-supported debt service costs; Plan to do deals with Wall...
- Pataki Eyes $111 Billion '07 Budget. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32300, p1
The article reports on the budget proposal of New York Governor George Pataki for 2007. The proposed budget includes a series of tax cuts and debt reform proposals which would ban back-door borrowing. It also calls for the sale of state related debt and retirement of debt at the end of the 2006...
- Debt Reform Could Give N.Y. a Push In the Right Direction, Moody's Says. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/24/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30876, p7
Reports on the need for reforms in New York State's debt policy as concluded by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Moody's rating of the state's general obligation debt; State Governor George Pataki and Comptroller Carl McCall's offering of debt reform proposals; Uncertainty of the state's revenue...
- Business leaders greet Pataki with numbers and enthusiasm. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley, New York. Message of careful cost-cutting and reduction in government size and business regulations; Focus on worker's compensation as an area that requires the greatest change; Comments on the State University of New...