- Johnson Amendment Spells Relief for FHLBs. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;5/24/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the effort of South Dakota Senator Tim Johnson to remove the concentration limits of the regulatory reform bill in the U.S.
- FDIC Reform Moves Ahead Again on Sarbanes Nod . Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;3/25/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 57, p1
Forecasts the voting of a bill from U.S. Senate Banking Committe Chairman Paul Sarbanes. Announcement of the hearing from Senate Tim Johnson; Expectation to vote on similar bill from the House Financial Services Committee; Limitation of individual retirement accounts.
- OFC Bill Introduced In Senate. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/28/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the new bill introduced by Senator Tim Johnson and Senator John Sununu that creates a parallel federal system or regulation and supervision for insurers as agents and brokers that is similar to the dual banking system. The bill authorizes the chartering of separate life...
- Legislation Proposes Reform Payment Limits for Federal Farm Programs. // Corn & Soybean Digest Exclusive Insight;3/21/2012, p1
The article discusses the proposed legislation on payment limits to the federal farm commodity programs. The bill was introduced by U.S. Senators Chuck Grassley and Tim Johnson that would allegedly support family farmers and plug the loopholes that favor mega-farms. Comment from Brian Depew of...
- Optional federal charter is much-needed reform. // Business Insurance;5/28/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p8
The article presents the author's opinion on the introduction of the National Insurance Act by U.S. Senators John Sununu and Tim Johnson. The author thinks that the idea that insurers and producers should be allowed to choose federal rather than state regulation is both sound and overdue. He...
- Senate Banking Passes FHA Solvency Bill. // Pratt's Letter;8/5/2013, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs passes the FHA solvency bill of U.S. Senators Tim Johnson and Mike Crapo on July 31, 2013.
- Teaming With Wildlife Act Has South Dakota In Mind. // Out of Doors;Aug2009, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p7
The article offers information on the Teaming with Wildlife Act and the benefits it offered for South Dakota. It notes that the bill was introduced by U.S. Senator Tim Johnson, co-sponsored by Senator John Thune, and will provide funds to accomplish the Wildlife Action Plans of states. As part...
- Senate Banking GSE Reform Bill Nears Completion. Finkle, Victoria // National Mortgage News;2/17/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Senate Banking Committee leaders will unveil the bipartisan bill to overhaul the mortgage finance market. Chairman Tim Johnson and Senator Mike Crapo are expected to draw on a bipartisan framework to unwind Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac introduced by Senators Bob...
- Federal lawmakers join fight to end rural veterinary shortage. Whitcomb, Rachael // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the introduction of a bipartisan bill, SB 3621, in the U.S. Senate which would promote tax exemption for veterinarians in the Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program (VMLPR). It states that the federal bill was introduced by Senators Mike Crapo, Tim Johnson and Jim...