LIBERAL BEHIND THE LABEL? A COMPARATIVE HIGH COURT CASE STUDY OF THE NEW MEXICO SUPREME COURT FROM 1997-2002
- Strategic Voting for Damage Control On the Supreme Court. Arrington, Theodore S.; Brenner, Saul // Political Research Quarterly;Dec2004, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p565
Prominent scholars argue that the Supreme Court justices vote insincerely and in favor of the majority at the conference vote in order to obtain either damage control over the content of the majority opinion or to conform to the majority. Those justices who cast their vote late in the order of...
- THE NEW SOUTHPAWS: THE TURNING OF THE NEVADA SUPREME COURTS CRIMINAL DECISIONS. Colombo, Elizabeth F. // Albany Law Review;2003, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p907
Examines the Nevada Supreme Court's criminal rulings from 1997 to 2002. Changes in the Nevada Supreme Court during the period; Background on its justices; Summary of the voting records of different justices; Analysis of cases that departed from a justice's voting pattern.
- LÃ“PEZ TORRES: A LOST OPPORTUNITY FOR JUDICIAL REFORM. Schneider, Justin // Denver University Law Review;2008, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p285
In this article the author discusses the basis for a constitutional challenge against a candidate-selection process and explains how the convention system of New York operates. The author summarizes the Supreme Court's opinion in LÃ³pez Torres case including the facts, procedural history, and...
- Decision of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine No. 22-rp of September 29, 2009 (Case of the Alienation of the Property of State Coal Production Enterprises). // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;May/Jun2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p37
The article offers information on the judgement taken by several judges of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine on the case number 1-45/2009 of the alienation of the property of state coal production enterprises. The grounds for consideration of the case are in accordance with Article 71 of the...
- STARE DECISIS v. THE "NE MAJORITY": THE MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT'S PRACTICE OF OVERRULING PRECEDENT, 1998-2002. Delaney, Sarah K. // Albany Law Review;2003, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p871
Examines cases from 1998 to 2002 handled by the Michigan Supreme Court in which the majority chose to overturn past case law. Analysis of justices' individual voting patterns and the ideologies that underlie their respective decisions; Stance taken by the court on the principles of stares...
- Retirement of Hungarian Judges, Age Discrimination and Judicial Independence: A Tale of Two Courts. GYULAVÁRI, TAMÁS; HõS, NIKOLETT // Industrial Law Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p289
The article analyzes the decision of the Hungarian Constitutional Court and the Court of Justice on retirement age of Hungarian judges. It argues that the courts' conclusion regarding the unlawfulness of lowering the retirement age of judges from 70 to 60 in 2012 are similar but their legal...
- In the Name of Comparative Constitutional Jurisprudence: The Consideration of German Precedents by South African Constitutional Court Judges. Rautenbach, Christa; du Plessis, Lourens // German Law Journal;Aug2013, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p1539
The article considers German precedents by South African Constitutional Court Judges when it comes to comparative constitutional jurisprudence. Judges engaged in constitutional adjudication frequently performs comparative analyses of foreign cases. The judges of South Africa's Constitutional...
- EGYPT-JUDICIARY. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);3/16/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4810, p11
The article reports that the top constitutional court in Egypt has given women judges a chance to be appointed to the State Council.
- COURT CALENDARS AND NOTICES. // Buffalo Law Journal;9/8/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 72, p2
Presents several court notices in Erie County, New York as of September 2005. Order issued for general civil motions; List of Supreme Court justices.