Schwarzenegger Throws His Weight Into California Recall
- POLITICS: Total Recall? // Junior Scholastic;9/15/2003, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the political campaign of motion picture actor Arnold Schwarzenegger against California Governor Gray Davis.
- CRA Conservatives to Schwarzenegger: Hasta La Vista, Baby. Gizzi, John // Human Events;04/23/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the speculation that actor Arnold Schwarzenegger will vie for the governor position in California in 2002. Campaign launched by many Republicans in California to push for Schwarzenegger's candidacy; Changes of Schwarzenegger to win the governor post in California; Problem facing...
- Agencies Make Entry Into Calif. Recall Fray. Solman, Gregory // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/1/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 34, p10
Though California gubernatorial candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger came out swinging in his first ad campaign. No opponent had stepped into the ad ring, but governor Gray Davis has maintained TV and radio silence. Last week, independent candidate Arianna Huffington's first ad broke; Republican...
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;8/25/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p66
Comments on the political state of California. Gubernatorial campaign of Arnold Schwarzenegger; Friendship between former Assembly Speaker Robert Hertzberg and former Assembly Republican Leader Scott Baugh; Political candidates to replace Governor Gray Davis.
- Schwarzenegger Announces Recall Bid. // Human Events;8/11/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the announcement of Arnold Schwarzenegger that he will run for governor in California's special election on whether to recall incumbent Governor Gray Davis on October 7, 2003. Other political candidates for the election; Views on conservatives within the Republican Party; Criticism...
- Smearing Schwartzenegger. Elder, Larry // Human Events;10/13/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 35, p13
Focuses on the article published by the "Los Angeles Times" on the alleged sexual misconduct of gubernatorial candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Refusal of the women involved in the allegation to reveal their names; Policy implemented by the paper on the publication of stories about...
- Are We There Yet? Breslau, Karen // Newsweek;10/13/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 15, p34
Describes the final few days of the California governor recall election campaign. Charges of sexual harassment against candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger; Response by governor Gray Davis to charges against Schwarzenegger; Campaign activities of some of the other candidates.
- California recall. Coulter, Ann // Fort Worth Business Press;8/29/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p65
Assesses the candidacy of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the recall bid to replace California Governor Gray Davis in 2003. Comaprison between Schwarzenegger and Democratic candidate Cruz Bustamante; Views of conservatives on Schwarzenegger's candidacy; Factors that would help Schwarzenegger's candidacy.
- ALL That's Missing Is the Popcorn. Tumulty, Karen; McCarthy, Terry // Time;8/18/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p22
Examines the potential recall of California Governor Gray Davis and the candidates for governor should the voters elect to recall Davis. Description of candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger's announcement on the "Tonight Show" that he would run for governor; View that this is a spectacle, which will...