California Hospitals Dodge Budget Bullet...for Now
- The health and cost effects of substituting home care for inpatient acute care: a review of the evidence. Soderstrom, Lee; Tousignant, Pierre; Kaufman, Terry // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/20/99, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p1151
Examines the effects of acute home care on patient health and social costs. Health outcome of hospital and home care; Hospital and home care costs; Health and cost effects of home care; Benefits of substituting hospital care with home care.
- The home health visit: An appropriate unit for Medicare payment? Bishop, Christine E.; Brown, Randall S. // Health Affairs;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p145
Explores the use of fixed versus cost-based per visit payment as an interim payment method for medical care in the United States. Growth of Medicare payment per visit; Difference between the prospective payment and the cost for each visit; Demonstration of a fixed per visit payment method for...
- Care homes require extra Â£1bn funding. // GP: General Practitioner;7/1/2002, p8
Reports the need for councils to be charged with care home fees calculated on costs in Great Britain.
- Redundancy costs warning for direct payments recipients. // Community Care;11/25/2010, Issue 1845, p8
The article reports that Fish Insurance, which covers thousands of direct payments recipients against their employment costs, has revealed that monthly enquiries about redundancy had jumped by 74% between July and September, 2010.
- Care homes facing closure. Birmingham, Karen // Nursing Older People;Oct2006, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
The article reports that care homes in Scotland and Wales are facing staff cuts and threats of closure. Many existing homes are unsuitable in the eyes of older people. The rising number of older people who need specialist care in residential homes, and the preference of older people to remain in...
- In Brief. // HomeCare Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p12
The article presents news related to the U.S. health care industry as of July 2005. The Region D DMERC has changed its name from Cigna HealthCare Medicare Administration to Cigna Government Services LLC. U.S. Comptroller General David Walker has warned about Medicare's effect on the growing...
- The Fragmentation of Social Work and Social Care: Some Ramifications and a Critique. Carey, Malcolm // British Journal of Social Work;Dec2015, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p2406
This paper critically appraises the impact of the fragmentation of social care and social work. In particular, it examines the impact of splintered services and roles upon employees, service users and carers. The article concentrates upon three interrelated areas as part of a more general...
- Day hospital vs.home treatment. Harrison, Judy; Marshal, Sarah; Marshall, Pete; Marshall, John; Creed, Francis // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p541
Background Acute home treatment services, providing short-term intensive input as an alternative to in-patient admission, have been recommended by the Department of Health as part of a spectrum of care. The lack of research evidence for such services is in contrast to acute day hospital care...
- Cost effective program offers quality care to home-based elderly. // Brown University Long-Term Care Quality Advisor;May99, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the Jewish Family and children's Services' social work case management program that helps elderly people in the community receive medical care in their home. Efforts to control the rising costs of medical care in San Francisco, California; Results of client satisfaction surveys and...