NEWS IN BRIEF
- FYI. // Casual Living;Nov2008, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p64
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics in the U.S. including unemployment rate for the period August 2007 and August 2008, consumer credit outstanding for the third- and fourth-quarters of 2007 as well as first and second quarters of 2008, and comparative housing permits and...
- BUSINESS OUTLOOK. // Casual Living;Apr2009, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p55
Several charts are presented that show business outlook for the outdoor furniture industry in 2009 including consumer credit changes, unemployment rate, and existing home sales.
- Yet another licence to worry about? // Accountancy;Apr1976, Vol. 87 Issue 992, p5
This article discusses the possibility that accountants may have to obtain licenses as estate agents in Great Britain. The licensing proposals are contained in a consultative document "The Regulation of Estate Agency," issued by the Department of Prices and Consumer Protection. The document...
- CONSUMER DEBT GETTING SCARY. // U.S. Banker;Feb2002, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p11
Reports the growth of consumer credit in the United States. Assumption on the increase of home value despite a sinking economy and sinking corporate profit; Reaction to the increase of debt; Acceptance of the deterioration in the household wealth.
- Mortgage debt may not sting UK households. Plender, John // Estates Gazette;10/11/2003, Issue 341, p44
Focuses on the increase in mortgage debt in Great Britain, as of October 11, 2003. Increase in the number of owner-occupied properties; Effect of the liberalization of credit on the economy; Benefits from a liberalized financial system.
- March bankruptcy filings hit record one-month total. Freedman, Jeffrey // Buffalo Law Journal;4/22/2004, Vol. 76 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the increase in the bankruptcy filings in the Buffalo, New York for March 2004. Increase in the number of filings; Indication of the number of bankruptcy filings; Area which has the highest number of bankruptcy; Statistics on national unemployment rate; Impact of consumer debt on the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Hume, Lynn; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p4
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of June 10, 2002. Decline of unemployment rate; Fall of the inventories of merchant wholesalers; Increase of consumer credit.
- Washington Briefs. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb88, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p8
Reports developments related to banks & banking in the U.S. as of February 1988. Effectivity of the financial disclosure requirements; Update on consumer credit regulation staff commentaries; Investment in real estate.
- Asia and Americas roundup. // Estates Gazette;11/4/2006 EG Retail, p11
The article reports on the performance of the retail property market in Asia and Latin America. According to Cushman & Wakefield's Main Streets Across the World 2006, report, the country's stable economy and the increasing availability of consumer credit, has lead to a strong retail market. One...