Argos ordering is more mobile friendly
- Argos sales boost. // Cabinet Maker;4/25/2003, Issue 5334, p5
Reports on the increased sales posted by furniture store chain Argos in the six months to March 31, 2003. Strong sales of beddings and textiles.
- Furniture holding its own at Argos. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2001, Issue 5249, p5
Reports on the summer furniture sales of Argos. Increase in total sales; Percentage of sales generated from Argos Direct operation; Estimation of sales of Addition, the catalogue of the company.
- Argos commits to full scale online selling. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/13/99, Issue 5150, p4
Reports on the relaunching of Argos's Eshopping website to market its whole range of furniture online.
- Argos zeroes in on home office market. // Cabinet Maker;06/08/2001, Issue 5241, p3
Reports the home and office marketing target of Argos in Great Britain. Provision of Office and Home catalogue in some stores of Argos; Increase of operating profits; Business plans of the company.
- Furniture star of Argos sales. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p7
Reports on the sales performance of the furniture segment of Argos in Great Britain. Increase in home delivery sales; Improvement in the Homebase kitchen sales.
- GUS buys Argos. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;05/01/98, Issue 5086, p8
Reports on GUS acquisition of Argos. GUS' combined targeted furniture sales; Financial performance of other furniture companies in Great Britain.
- Argos sales surge ahead. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p4
Provides information on the advertising campaign launched by furniture maker Argos. Plot and theme of the television advertisement of the firm; Impact of the campaign on sales growth of the company.
- Double cheer for Homebase. // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2013, Issue 5859, p8
The article reports that furniture retailer Homebase has recorded a sales increase of 4.4% as of August 31, 2013 and has its sister company Argos exit examinership.
- Argos suffers delivery blow. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/2015, Issue 5961, p8
The article reports that Great Britain-based multichannel furniture retailer Argos struggled with its delivery service because of increased sales during the 2015 Black Friday event.