The oldest swingers?
- A conversation with John Higham. // Humanities;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Presents an interview with historian John Higham conducted by Sheldon Hackney about multiculturalism and national identity. Views of Higham about multiculturalism; Awareness of general public about the debate raging regarding multiculturalism; Explanation of Higham about diversity and...
- The Unpredictable Past: Reflections on Recent American Historiography. Levine, Lawrence W. // American Historical Review;Jun89, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p671
Discusses the directions in which the American historiography has moved into focusing on the ideas of American historian, John Higham. Higham's critique of other American historians; Impact of the advent of a stream of a modern American historiography; Historiographical trends observed in the...
- Send These To Me (Book). Mooney, Philip F. // LJ: Library Journal;4/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p758
Reviews the book 'Send These To Me: Jews and Other Immigrants in Urban America,' by John Higham.
- John Higham. Ross, Dorothy // Perspectives;Oct2003, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p64
Presents an obituary of John Higham, a pathbreaking scholar of American culture and ethnicity and a leading critical voice in history. Death on July 26, 2003 from a cerebral aneurysm; Education background from the Johns Hopkins University and the University of Wisconsin, Madison; First to...
- Hanging Together (Book Review). Smith, Andrew Brodie // Library Journal;8/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 13, p142
Reviews the book 'Hanging Together: Unity and Diversity in American Culture,' by John Higham.
- HANGING TOGETHER (Book Review). Zaleski, Jeff; Abbott, Charlotte; Gold, Sarah F.; Rotella, Mark // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p235
Reviews the book `Hanging Together: Unity and Diversity in American Culture,' by John Higham.
- Send These to Me (Book Review). Vecoli, Rudolph J. // American Historical Review;Jun77, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p755
Reviews the book 'Send These to Me: Jews and Other Immigrants in Urban America,' by John Higham.
- Comment: Constructing identities, bridging dialogues, and the potential relevance ... Tchen, John Kuo Wei // Journal of American Ethnic History;Winter94, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p45
Comments on ethnologist John Higham's discussion of American ethnic historical societies. Description of projects undertaken by historical organizations in United States; Focus on Higham's eras of ethnic historical societies.
- Literacy: The library legacy. Marcum, Deanna B.; Stone, Elizabeth W. // American Libraries;Mar1991, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p202
Traces the librarians' role in the history of literacy efforts. Immigration from 1790 until 1970. How librarians made the Americanization of immigrants through education one of their highest priorities; Work of William Brett in 1894 and other librarians; Immigration Publication Society. INSET:...