The oldest swingers?
- A conversation with John Higham. // Humanities;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
Presents an interview with historian John Higham conducted by Sheldon Hackney about multiculturalism and national identity. Views of Higham about multiculturalism; Awareness of general public about the debate raging regarding multiculturalism; Explanation of Higham about diversity and...
- The Unpredictable Past: Reflections on Recent American Historiography. Levine, Lawrence W. // American Historical Review;Jun89, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p671
Discusses the directions in which the American historiography has moved into focusing on the ideas of American historian, John Higham. Higham's critique of other American historians; Impact of the advent of a stream of a modern American historiography; Historiographical trends observed in the...
- John Higham. Ross, Dorothy // Perspectives;Oct2003, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p64
Presents an obituary of John Higham, a pathbreaking scholar of American culture and ethnicity and a leading critical voice in history. Death on July 26, 2003 from a cerebral aneurysm; Education background from the Johns Hopkins University and the University of Wisconsin, Madison; First to...
- HANGING TOGETHER (Book Review). Zaleski, Jeff; Abbott, Charlotte; Gold, Sarah F.; Rotella, Mark // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p235
Reviews the book `Hanging Together: Unity and Diversity in American Culture,' by John Higham.
- Send These to Me (Book Review). Vecoli, Rudolph J. // American Historical Review;Jun77, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p755
Reviews the book 'Send These to Me: Jews and Other Immigrants in Urban America,' by John Higham.
- Send These To Me (Book). Mooney, Philip F. // LJ: Library Journal;4/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p758
Reviews the book 'Send These To Me: Jews and Other Immigrants in Urban America,' by John Higham.
- Hanging Together (Book Review). Smith, Andrew Brodie // Library Journal;8/1/2001, Vol. 126 Issue 13, p142
Reviews the book 'Hanging Together: Unity and Diversity in American Culture,' by John Higham.
- Send These to Me: Jews and Other Immigrants in Urban America (Book). Harrison, Michael I. // Contemporary Sociology;5/1/76, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p340
Reviews the book "Send These to Me: Jews and Other Immigrants in Urban America," by John Higham.
- Comment: Constructing identities, bridging dialogues, and the potential relevance ... Tchen, John Kuo Wei // Journal of American Ethnic History;Winter94, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p45
Comments on ethnologist John Higham's discussion of American ethnic historical societies. Description of projects undertaken by historical organizations in United States; Focus on Higham's eras of ethnic historical societies.