Driving in the right directive
- Like it or not, truck driver shortage will impact retail logistics. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;11/30/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p80
The author discusses the impact of truck driver shortage who are specialize in serving furniture retailers, on retail logistics in the U.S.
- Driver shortage presents a growing challenge. // Furniture/Today;11/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p30
The article discusses the truck driver shortage and the challenges being faced by the furniture industry. According to Josh Brown, founder and CEO of American West Worlwide Express, attracting and keeping good drivers plays an important role in retaining customers. The importance of increasing...
- Local delivery companies feel the pinch. // Furniture/Today;6/26/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p12
The article reports on the negative implications of rising fuel prices and shortage of truck drivers on the operations of local delivery companies for the furniture industry in the United States. Transportation companies are considering the use of specialized software from companies such as...
- Trucking logbook rule draws mixed reaction. SLAUGHTER, POWELL // Furniture/Today;1/11/2016, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on the mixed reactions from the transportation industry on the rule of electronic logging devices (ELDs) for truck drivers issued by the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Topics discussed include the new rule to impact carriers and drivers serving the...
- Furniture carriers facing employment crisis. SLAUGHTER, POWELL // Furniture/Today;1/24/2016, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p129
The article explores the predicament of furniture carriers in the U.S. which are struggling to attract the next generation of workers as of January 2016. Specialty carriers are having difficulties to replace an aging workforce due to the ongoing shortage of truck drivers. These carriers include...
- Single border post speeds movements. // African Business;Jan2011, Issue 371, p8
The article focuses on a report on the opening of a facility for the logistics industry in 2010, which found that in a little more than five hours, truck drivers from South Africa are able to cross into Mozambique, unload and return to the border.
- 18-Year-Olds and 18-Wheelers. // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p10
Editorial. Criticizes a pilot program by the United States Department of Transportation and the Truckload Carriers Association which would lower the minimum age of truck drivers from 21 to 18.
- Road stories. // Overdrive;Jan96, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p96
Presents information on serval experiences truckers have on the road.
- Image & issues. Magner, Carolyn // Overdrive;Apr96, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on misleading news issues concerning truck drivers in the United States. Differentiation between pickup truck drivers and truck driver; School bus and truck-trailer accident; Reaction of truck drivers to a column written by `The Morning Call' writer Paul Carpenter about the road damage...