M&S takes a slight dip as retailers get a lift
- Argos - 'No. 1 retailer'. // Cabinet Maker;12/12/2008, Issue 5618, p9
The article reports on the latest list of the top electronic furniture retailers in Great Britain. The Hitwise Hot Shops list, released by the Innovative Manufacturing Research Centre (IMRG), show that 19 retailers have risen in the index since the last survey. Argos came in as the highest...
- Some cheer over Xmas and New Year. // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2004, Issue 5372, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Decline of Marks & Spencer PLC's sales; Increment of gross profits; Increase in the sales of Argos.
- Double figure gains in furniture sector. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;01/19/2001, Issue 5221, p6
Reports on the gains posted by the furniture industry in Great Britain. Gains by Marks & Spencer PLC on a buying spree by investment fund in the United States; Oversupply in shares prior to a trading update.
- Furniture defies M&S sales trend. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p5
Reports on an increase in furniture and furnishings sales at Marks & Spencer over the 1999 Christmas period.
- M&S turns up the volume. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2002, Issue 5312, p2
Reports on an increase in the sale of homewares by Marks and Spencer in the six months ended September 26, 2002.
- Shopping is such a nightmare when there are so many businesses to boycott. Booth, Lauren // New Statesman;1/14/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4570, p63
Reveals that boycotts and carol singing are the focal points of Christmas in London, England. Complaints of animal rights groups against a pharmacy in the country; Information on the boycott organized by Palestinian support groups against Marks & Spencer and Selfridges.
- M&S shares rise after store designer's exit. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2001, Issue 5251, p6
Focuses on the sales increase of retail stores in Great Britain. Profit of Marks & Spencer; Deal between Relyon and Steinhoff; Inauguration of Selfridge store.
- M&S boosts furniture display after sales jump. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p1
Announces the opening of Marks & Spencer's furniture department at its store in Camberley, Surrey, England on December 12, 1999. Size of the department; Furniture sales in the first quarter of 1999; Types of furniture sold at Marks & Spencer.
- Strong upturn for M&S furniture sales. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p1
Reports the poor furniture sales performance of retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) for 2001 first quarter. Rate of increase in the second quarter sales; Strategies adapted by M&S to boost the second quarter sales; Details on the modernization plan for 100 stores of the company.