Sales decline for 'pricey' homeware
- M&S unveils homecare plan to regain lost customers. // Marketing Week;2/8/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 53, p6
Reports on the launching of the houseware product line of Marks and Spencer. Strategy of the company to win back customers; Design of the collection.
- M&S: No Home roll-out. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec97, Issue 137, p6
States that Marks and Spencers (M&S) ruled out the possibility of a national roll-out of M&S Home, its homewares concept. Comment of M&S chairman on the Home store in York, England; Lessons learned by the company; Sales of the company; Financial status of the company.
- M&S to shrink furniture offer. // Cabinet Maker;9/24/2004, Issue 5407, p6
Reports on Marks & Spencer's confirmation that furniture will play a smaller role in homewares after sales dropped as a result of its venture into contemporary design and the Lifestore store format.
- MAKRS & SPENCER: M&S home sales down for Q3. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2012, Issue 5770, p10
The article reports that the home furnishing products of Marks & Spencer PLC have declined by 13.3% in 13 weeks until December 31, 2011 in Great Britain.
- Untitled. // In-Store;Mar2004, p5
Highlights the opening of first standalone Marks & Spencer Lifestore in Gateshead, England. Product inventory included.
- M&S opens Home store in Lisburn. // Housewares;Sep/Oct2007, Issue 209, p4
The article reports on the move by Marks & Spencer, to open its first Home Store in Lisburn Northern Ireland. The 35,000 square feet store is said to display almost the whole of the home offer in the M&S catalogue. An M&S spokesperson comments on the opening of the next two Home stores in...
- Reality of Lifestore. Bradbury, Lynn // Cabinet Maker;3/19/2004, Issue 5380, p18
Delves into Lifestore, furniture store concept of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Gateshead, England. Identification of people who worked for the store's overall concept; Offer of great style, design and quality at mainstream prices; Types of furniture and home accessories available at the store.
- M&S uses virtual showroom to launch LOFT homewares. // Marketing (00253650);10/1/2015, p1
Marks & Spencer is launching a series of pop-up 'virtual-reality hacks' that enable consumers to discover its new homewares range using Oculus Rift.
- Marks & Spencer's Alternative Lifestyle. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/5/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 25, p2
Focuses on Vittorio Radice's responsibilities as executive director of Marks and Spencer Home's home business. Concept centering on the rituals of the home; Career background; Signing-up bonus received at Marks and Spencer; Role in transforming a Selfridges department store into a luxury goods...
- M&S set to launch Home format. // Housewares;Jul2007, Issue 207, p7
The article reports that British retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) has selected three cities for its M&S Home format, namely Lisburn in Northern Ireland, Cardiff in Wales and Manchester in England. The three M&S Home units will not be standalones, but will be extensions and satellites of existing...