Sales decline for 'pricey' homeware
- M&S unveils homecare plan to regain lost customers. // Marketing Week;2/8/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 53, p6
Reports on the launching of the houseware product line of Marks and Spencer. Strategy of the company to win back customers; Design of the collection.
- M&S: No Home roll-out. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec97, Issue 137, p6
States that Marks and Spencers (M&S) ruled out the possibility of a national roll-out of M&S Home, its homewares concept. Comment of M&S chairman on the Home store in York, England; Lessons learned by the company; Sales of the company; Financial status of the company.
- M&S to shrink furniture offer. // Cabinet Maker;9/24/2004, Issue 5407, p6
Reports on Marks & Spencer's confirmation that furniture will play a smaller role in homewares after sales dropped as a result of its venture into contemporary design and the Lifestore store format.
- MAKRS & SPENCER: M&S home sales down for Q3. // Cabinet Maker;1/13/2012, Issue 5770, p10
The article reports that the home furnishing products of Marks & Spencer PLC have declined by 13.3% in 13 weeks until December 31, 2011 in Great Britain.
- M&S opens Home store in Lisburn. // Housewares;Sep/Oct2007, Issue 209, p4
The article reports on the move by Marks & Spencer, to open its first Home Store in Lisburn Northern Ireland. The 35,000 square feet store is said to display almost the whole of the home offer in the M&S catalogue. An M&S spokesperson comments on the opening of the next two Home stores in...
- Reality of Lifestore. Bradbury, Lynn // Cabinet Maker;3/19/2004, Issue 5380, p18
Delves into Lifestore, furniture store concept of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Gateshead, England. Identification of people who worked for the store's overall concept; Offer of great style, design and quality at mainstream prices; Types of furniture and home accessories available at the store.
- M&S uses virtual showroom to launch LOFT homewares. // Marketing (00253650);10/1/2015, p1
Marks & Spencer is launching a series of pop-up 'virtual-reality hacks' that enable consumers to discover its new homewares range using Oculus Rift.
- Marks & Spencer's Alternative Lifestyle. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/5/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 25, p2
Focuses on Vittorio Radice's responsibilities as executive director of Marks and Spencer Home's home business. Concept centering on the rituals of the home; Career background; Signing-up bonus received at Marks and Spencer; Role in transforming a Selfridges department store into a luxury goods...
- M&S set to launch Home format. // Housewares;Jul2007, Issue 207, p7
The article reports that British retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) has selected three cities for its M&S Home format, namely Lisburn in Northern Ireland, Cardiff in Wales and Manchester in England. The three M&S Home units will not be standalones, but will be extensions and satellites of existing...
- Pleasing performance for M&S. // Cabinet Maker;10/9/2009, Issue 5658, p7
The article reports on the sales condition of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in terms of home furnishings in Great Britain. It notes that the company depicted an increase in group and total sales in the country during its second quarter trading results. It stresses that in the 13 weeks ending...