Centre stage for young designers
- Contemporary Australian furniture goes to SOFA. Hatton, Beth // Craft Arts International;1997, Issue 40, p89
Reviews the Australian furniture exhibition which was part of SOFA (Sculpture, Objects and Functional Arts Fair), held in Chicago, Illinois, in 1996.
- Best of show for design focus. // House Beautiful;Mar87, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p68
Sixteen outstanding designs picked at Milan's international furniture fair are shown. Some are in stores stateside; others are on their way. All deserve four stars for inventiveness.
- Orgatec 1996. Kordaris, George; Powell, Bradford // Interior Design;Jan97, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p66
Features the biennial Orgatec, the premier contract furnishings trade fair in Europe. Attendance for the 1996 show; Display center at the Koln Messe in Cologne, Germany; Participating American companies; Trends for 1997; Emphasis on simplicity of operation and ease of use.
- World pieces. // Interior Design;Mar97, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p58
Features the World Design, a collection of furniture based on traditional designs. Raw timber converted to finished product using old-world techniques; Styling of the collection by interior designer Robert Marinelli.
- New Florida show scheduled. // Wood & Wood Products;Nov93, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the Florida Woodworking and Furniture Supply Show scheduled on November 16 and 17, 1994 at the Orlando Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Companies to participate.
- Carolinas show draws 7,800 attendees. // Wood & Wood Products;Apr94, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the number of attendees and exhibitors to the 1994 Carolinas Woodworking & Furniture Supply Show held on February 25 and 26, 1994 at Greensboro Coliseum, South Carolina.
- Florida trade show. // Wood & Wood Products;Oct94, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p124
Highlights the holding of the first Florida Woodworking & Furniture Supply Show on November 16 to 17, 1994 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. Expected attendees; List of exhibitors; Product lines represented; Selection of the venue; Contact information.
- Sticks and stones. // Architectural Digest;Aug97, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p24
Announces the Rustic Furniture Fair at the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake, New York, on September 6, 1997. Contact point.
- Interzum '97 reverts to May dates. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Nov95, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p14
Reports that the advisory committee for the world's largest furniture supply show decided to reslot the `Interzum '97' show back into May. Demands of exhibitors and attendees; Overlapping of schedule with the `Ligna Hannover '97' show.
- Going Out of Style: 400 Years of Changing Taste in Furniture. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Sep2007, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p11
The article reviews the exhibition "Going Out of Style: 400 Years of Changing Taste in Furniture," on display at the Milwaukee Art Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin until September 30, 2007.