- Founder buys back Mentor from ailing giant. Sharma, Tara D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the acquisition of Mentor Communications Group by businessman Dan Gallo in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Customer services; Product of the firm; Business strategy.
- Here's to eternal optimists. Philippidis, Alex // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/15/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 42, p4
Focuses on the impact of September 11 terrorist attack on the outlook of entrepreneurs in the U.S. Generation of solid business ideas; Optimism of the entrepreneurs on the outcome of their investments; Development of strategic plans for profitability.
- Profiling the Entrepreneur. Burch, John G. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on the characteristics of an entrepreneur. Origin of the term entrepreneur; Role of the entrepreneur in business innovations; Recognition of the entrepreneurs as the prime movers of the economy.
- Strategic business planning for manufacturers. Satterfield, L. Kent // Business North Carolina;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p14
Discusses business planning strategies for manufacturers. Elements of planning process; Mission statement; Purpose of current business assessments; Purpose of establishing goals; Tips to monitor company adjustment process.
- Sunny prospects. Demers, Julie // CMA Management;Jun2002, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p47
Reports the expansion of Bureau du Quï¿½bec ï¿½ Miami (BQM) office in Florida. Role in handling political, cultural and academic issues; Importance in strategic business development; Responsibility in developing contracts for various trade missions for entrepreneurs.
- And if I die... Moore, Tom // Fleet Owner;Apr99, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p5
Discusses how should business executives plan for their business when they die. Attitude of business executives about death and dying; Questions that must be asked by business executives in planning for their business after they died.
- New business rises from ashes of old. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal (Central New York);02/16/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on the operation and expansion of VARCO NY by businessman David T. Ciereck of New York. Affiliation with Burns Bros. of Liverpool; Acquisition of a loan for capital equipment purchase; Contention of Ciereck on the business of VARCO.
- AGENDA. // Electronic News;01/10/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p38
Highlights several events related to business in the United States. Forum for manufacturers during the 'Display Applications Conference and Exhibition'; Assistance on structural positioning of the companies in electronic business during the 'International Business Planning Strategies for...
- How to criticize competitors. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/30/2011, p26
The article reports on the importance for business owners to carefully balance their decisions in criticizing their competitors.