Clarkes make another takeover attempt
- Silentnight USA sale will finance UK expansion. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p4
Reports the expansion by acquisition of bed and cabinet group Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain.
- Silentnight deal cleared. // Cabinet Maker;03/02/2001, Issue 5227, p2
Reports on the deal clearance issued by the Office of Fair Trading on the acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holding in Great Britain. Opposition of the Retailer Action Group to the deal; Opinion of Bill Simpson, Silentnight chief executive officer, on the issue.
- Clarkes keep Silentnight. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p3
The article reports on the decision of Soundersleep to trade its way out of debt by taking its Silentnight Group out of the British market. Debt has been accumulated due to Silentnight Group's ownership of Parker Knoll, Stag and Ducal. Jon and Peter Clarke owns 75 percent of Soundersleep,...
- Silentnight goes back to the Clarke family. // Cabinet Maker;1/19/2007, Issue 5521, p4
The article reports that Nino Allenza, former chief executive of Silentnight Group, sold his 25% shares in parent company Soundersleep in Great Britain. Allenza together with his partner Michelle Scott sold the stake to John Clarke, one of the founding members of Soundersleep. The management...
- Crowson silent on fabric firms takeover talk. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p4
Reports the acquisition of GP&J Baker and Monkwell Fabrics by Silentnight and Crowson Fabrics in Great Britain. Refusal of the Silentnight to comment on the issue; Publication of the interim results; Sales of Parker Knoll Fabrics, Raymakers and Fardis.
- Monkwell goes to Crowson for pound2.7m. // Cabinet Maker;05/18/2001, Issue 5238, p1
Reports the acquisition of Monkwell by Crowson Fabrics from Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain.
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2007, Issue 5545, p58
The article reports on the possible acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. The acquisition will strengthen the position of Silentnight as the largest furniture manufacturer in the country and will also combine the best known bed and furniture brands. The company...
- Silentnight sells Stag in MBO. // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2005, Issue 5440, p3
Reports on the acquisition of Silentnight Furniture by Stag Furniture UK in Europe. Increase in sales of Stag furniture; Plan of the company to compete with imports through service and delivery; Views of company executives regarding the matter.
- Parker Knoll joins Christie-Tyler stable. // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p3
Reports on the purchase of Parker Knoll by Christie-Tyler from Silentnight Group in Great Britain. Nee d for changing some of the product without hurting the quality; Comment of Christie-Tyler chief executive Scott Malvenan on acquiring the brand; Negotiation on the sale of the Nathan brand.