Buying gets hot
- Reebok flexes programming muscle. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;5/23/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 22, p12
Reports on Reebok International Ltd.'s advertising strategy. Integration of the brand into programs; Efforts by Reebok and its media buying agency, DeWitt Media; Increased television advertising; Commercials created by Leo Burnett USA; Total media spending for the year.
- Amid megashops, media buyer fights for its independence. Goldstein, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;05/10/99, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p12
Reports that New york City-based independent media buying firm DeWitt Media Inc.'s plans of upgrading its technology and focus on smaller clients. Doubling of the agency's client billings over the past five years; Impact of large advertising agencies on the market of small media buying shops;...
- Boost for media buyers. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;3/7/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p47
This article reports on the growing trend of hiring independent media services by a majority of advertisers, according to a 1994 survey by DeWitt Media. For the first time, the majority of advertisers responding to the annual survey said they are using independents for some or all of their media...
- 4 make the cut for Reebok media. Jones, Sarah; McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Midwest Edition;07/21/97, Vol. 38 Issue 29, p51
Cites the four advertising agencies that have advanced in the review for Reebok International's $90 million domestic and international media buying account. McCann-Erickson Worldwide's decision to refrain from the pitch; Reebok's selection of Hill Holliday Connors Cosmopulos for a...
- Reebok narrows search for two shops. // Adweek New England Edition;07/28/97, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p6
Reports on Massachusetts-based Reebok International Ltd.'s selection of two New York State-based advertising agencies as finalists for its domestic and international media account.
- Reebok to open search for media-buying shop. // Advertising Age;5/12/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the decision by Reebok International to wait to begin searching for a new media-buying agency following the May 2, 1997 resignation by Leo Burnett USA of Chicago. Other advertising news concerning Reebok International.
- New kids on the marketing block. Gray, Robert // Marketing (00253650);02/17/2000, p28
Focuses on independent and non-traditional advertising agencies and media buyers that have emerged from the changing media environment of Great Britain. Range of service offerings for clients; Profile of executives; Target markets; Growth targets and strategies. INSETS: THE...
- AGENCY NEWS. // Advertising Age;9/20/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 33, p5
News briefs on advertising agencies and media buying services are presented including the hiring of service Universal McCann by Mastercard Inc., the awarding of the account for Advil pain reliever from Pfizer Inc. to the McGarryBowen and the awarding of the media buying account of energy drink...
- Explosion of channels upping ante for agencies. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;05/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p22
Focuses on the impact of increase in number of television channels on advertising agencies' media buying operations. Agencies' expansion of their media buying departments; Research tools used by advertising agencies to determine their media buying operations.