- Volunteers give a boost to N.Y. Restoration Project: hundreds spruce up Highbridge Park. // New York Amsterdam News;05/18/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the holding of the New York Restoration Project, an initiative intended to revitalize Highbridge Park in New York City. Sponsors of the project; Approximate number of volunteers that participated in the environmental protection initiative; Highlights of the event.
- Mount Morris Park hosts house and walking tour. // New York Amsterdam News;6/01/96, Vol. 87 Issue 22, p32
Reports on the 1996 annual Historic Neighborhood House Tour to be conducted by homeowners and churches in Harlem's Mount Morris Park. Designation as a historic district of Mount Morris Park in 1971; Mount Morris Park Community Improvement Association's sponsorship of the House Tour; List of events.
- Suffolk Village Officials Assn honors Castro. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/01/97, Vol. 44 Issue 48, p53
Reports on the commendation of New York State Parks Commissioner Bernadette Castro by the Suffolk County Village Officials Association at its second annual Legislative Reception. Castro's contributions to the improvement of the State Parks system; Guest speakers.
- Castro announces third consecutive year of $8m grants. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p4
Reports on New York State Parks Commissioner Bernadette Castro's September 15, 1997 announcement of the availability of grants for environmental protection projects estimated to be worth $8 million. Bills under which the grants are availability; Eligible projects for the grants; Application...
- TREES SPARED IN ZOAR VALLEY. // American Forests;Summer2006, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that New York's Department of Environmental Conservation decided to protect a park in the Zoar Valley Multiple Use Area in Gowanda. The park has some of the oldest and largest trees. For the last three years, the park was being destroyed by loggers. The Niagara Frontier...
- Gantry Plaza State Park Queens, New York. Salvadori, Ilaria // Places: Forum of Design for the Public Realm;Fall2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
The article profiles the Gantry Plaza State Park in Queens, New York, as it sets a standard for New York's waterfront revival, and redefined its neighborhood's image and sense of place. According to the author, the Gantry Plaza was praised for its design qualities and for its success in becoming...
- AIH input in weeds strategy. Coote, Grahame // Australian Horticulture;Aug2006, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p25
This article reports on input requested by the Cooperative Research Centre for Australian Weed Management from the Australian Institute of Horticulture in revising the National Weeds Strategy. In response, the national executive has made recommendations, such as the establishment of a...
- 38 Million Acres And Counting. // Backpacker;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p51
Presents information on animal species and wildlands protected by the conservation group Center for Biological Diversity.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Malta Country Review;2010, p123
The article lists the international environmental associations and agreements related to the protection of the environment which includes the FAO International Code of Conduct on the Distribution and Use of Pesticides, the International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage, and...