Sporting Licenses -- From the "Good Ol' Days" 'til Now
- Regional Roundup: Louisiana. Johnson, Jennie // Southern Sporting Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p52
Presents an update on issues related to hunting in Louisiana as of February 2005. Continuance of the abandoned crab trap removal program; Availability of the Harvest Information Certification and Migratory Bird permit.
- Jerry's TIPS. Robinson, Jerome B. // Field & Stream;Aug2003, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p44
Presents useful tips for hunting.
- X-Rays of the Rut. Hanback, Michael // Outdoor Life;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p89
Presents an article on hunting bucks. Description of the does and bucks being hunted; Lessons learned from the experience.
- Hunting. // Alaska Almanac;2004, p97
This article gives information on hunting regulations in Alaska in 2004. A hunting or trapping license is required for all residents and nonresidents with the exception of Alaska residents under 16 or older than 60. Military personnel stationed in the state may purchase a fishing license for...
- Furs and Trapping. // Alaska Almanac;2004, p74
An encyclopedia entry for sources of harvested Alaska furs and the seasonal work of trapping is presented. The Arctic provides limited numbers of arctic fox, wolverine and wolf but the Gulf Coast areas and Southeast are more productive. Southeast Alaska is a good source of mink and otter. On the...
- General Hunting and Trapping on Department-Owned or-Managed Sites. // Illinois Register;12/5/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 49, p22714
The article discusses the notice of adopted amendment issued by the Illinois Department of Natural resources for hunting and trapping on Department-owned or-managed sites. Topics discussed include issuance of special permits for hunting and trapping, regulations of general sites and operation of...
- Upland HUNTING The Old-Fashioned Way. Casada, Jim // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Fall2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p70
Provides information on mixed-bag hunting in the U.S. Basic idea for mixed-bag hunting; Tips for a successful mixed-bag hunting; Significance of hunting.
- WILD TIP. Mccafferty, Keith // Field & Stream;Aug2003, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p48
Presents tips regarding accessories and equipment to be carried during hunting.
- Getting an Edge. Mathiesen, Peter B. // Field & Stream;Aug2003, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p84
Presents information about equipment available for hunting.