Defense Industry Notes
- Industrial Focus. // Military Technology;Jun2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p164
Reports global developments related to defense industries as of June 2002. Deal between BAE Systems and Thales Underwater Systems UK for the development of the Sonar 2076 submarine sonar system; Awarding of a contract to develop combat helicopters to Elisra Group by the Israel Iar Force;...
- Go with the cash flow. Pope, Chris // Professional Engineering;10/01/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p24
Looks at the challenges facing defense companies as compulsory offset agreements become more widespread and exacting. Requirements for offset agreements; Series of penalty clauses on the contract.
- Top defense contractors in Tucson area. // Inside Tucson Business;06/16/97, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p8
Presents a chart listing the top defense contractors in Tucson, Arizona as of June 1997. Company address and contact number; Total dollar amount of active contracts awarded; Total number of contracts; Enumeration of products and services.
- Program monitor. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jan99, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p30
Presents news briefs pertaining to defense contracts in the United States as of January 1999. Includes the Naval Sea Systems Command's plan to tap Lockheed Martin Tactical Defense Systems for the production of AN/UYQ-70(V) advanced display system equipment in support of AEGIS; Aeronautical...
- PROGRAM MONITOR. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2000, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p32
Reports contracts awarded to companies in the defense industry in the United States as of July 2000. Contract to extend advanced procurement of long-lead items awarded to Northrop Grumman Corp.; Upgrade on the visual systems displays of weapon-system trainers by Lockheed Martin Corp.; Awarding...
- Briefs. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Mar2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p17
Reports on developments concerning defense contracts awarded by the U.S. government as of March 2003. Details of the agreements; Companies involved in the contracts; Implications on the defense industry.
- Briefs. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Mar2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p21
Reports on developments concerning the defense contracts signed by several countries in Europe as of March 2003. Terms of the contracts; Companies involved in the contracts; Implications on the defense industries.
- Briefs. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Mar2003, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p26
Reports on developments concerning the defense contracts signed by countries in the Middle East and Africa as of March 2003. Terms of the contracts; Companies involved in the deals; Implications on the defense industries.
- France, Italy and the U.K. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/16/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p18
Reports that France, Italy and Great Britain have awarded its Principal Anti-Air Missile Systems (PAAMS) defense contract to a consortium of European defense contractors. Details of the PAAMS project.
- Flying lobsters and rayformers. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Apr99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p12
Cites the results garnered from the implementation of the November 1997 Defense Reform Initiative in the United States. Streamlining of operations for contractors; Growth of acceptance of business practices; Shrinking of bureaucracy at the Pentagon.