NLUS Councils Paly Key Role In Commissioning Ceremonies
- Show of force. Martin, E.; Cole, T. // Popular Mechanics;Mar90, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p49
Reports how the US Navy's `Nimitz'-class aircraft carriers represent the most formidable fighting machines in the world. How the `Nimitz'-class carriers differ from standard carriers; Flight deck design; Personnel required to make carrier function.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY 'BIG E'. Holloway III, J. L. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2011, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p64
The article focuses on the 50th anniversary of the USS Enterprise (CVN-65), the world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.
- Fortress at Sea? The Carrier Invulnerability Myth. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2010, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p6
The article reviews the article "Fortress at Sea? The Carrier Invulnerability Myth," by J. Patch, which appeared in the periodical "Proceedings" in January 2010.
- Beijing takes offense over U.S. nuclear carrier invite to Vietnam brass. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;10/24/2012, p2
The article reports that an invitation by the U.S. for Vietnamese military officers to ride the USS George Washington nuclear aircraft carrier has been disapproved by China.
- U.S. Nuclear Aircraft Carrier to Visit Turkey. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;2/7/2011, p11
Brief information is given about the U.S. nuclear aircraft carrier, USS Enterprise, which will anchor off the resort town of Marmaris, Turkey on February 8, 2011.
- Japan/Korea. // Asian Pacific Post;9/25/2008, p33
This section offers news briefs in Japan including a rally held in Japan against a U.S. nuclear-powered aircraft carrier and the celebration of the 113th birthday of Tomoji Tanabe, the oldest man in the world.
- San Diego prepares to welcome USS Stennis. Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;08/24/98, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p1
Reports that the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis is set to sail into her homeport of San Diego, California on August 26, 1998. Dimensions of the carrier; Weight; Preparations made for the carrier's transfer to San Diego; Cost of improvements and adjustments made by the...
- States' fight over carrier to intensify. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;11/17/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 136, p18
The article reports on the interstate dispute over the Navy's nuclear aircraft carrier that is likely to intensify by 2010 in the U.S.
- COMBAT FLEETS. Baker III, A.D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul2001, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p108
Features various naval ships. Royal Australian Navy's third Anzac-class, German MEKO 200ANZ-design frigate 'Warramunga'; French Navy's Charles de Gaulle nuclear-powered aircraft carrier; Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force's target service ship 'Tenryu.'