Aquidneck Probes Iraqi Shipwrecks for Arms, Spies
- Facing the 'Lone War'. Wittman, Amy L. // Sea Power;Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Matt Hilburn on the long war in Iraq and another by Daisy Khalifa on the system used by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- SUNSET in the DESERT. Mattews, Williams // Officer;May/Jun2013, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p32
The article focuses on 309 Port Security Unit (PSU) of the U.S. Coast Guard Reserves. The PSU has been deployed in the Ash Shuaybah port in Kuwait in 2003 when the Iraq War was about to start. The PSU had the responsibility to provide security to fuel, ammunition and food supplies which were...
- "Keep the Coast Guard Expeditionary". // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2005, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p18
This article reports that in one relatively short article, Lieutenant Commander R. Hanley both succinctly captured the value of the Coast Guard's contributions to U.S. success in Operation Iraqi Freedom and persuasively articulated many of the reasons the Coast Guard must continue to be an...
- Keep the Coast Guard Expeditionary. Hanley, Robert T. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2004, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p64
This article reports that the heat was up along with the morning sun as the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Adak steadily made her way toward the Iraqi coast early one morning in May 2003. The 110-foot Adak was one of four Coast Guard patrol boats on duty in the Arabian Gulf since before the start of...
- GUARDIANS of the GULF. Thiesen, William H. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2009, Vol. 135 Issue 8, p36
The article focuses on the support operations and the return of the U.S. Coast Guard in the Middle East during the Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) in 2003. It states that during the U.S.-led combat operations against the Iraqi armed forces, the Coast Guard Atlantic Area Command has deployed boats...
- The War on Terrorism. Papp Jr., Robert J. // Officer;Dec2003, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p56
Focuses on the role of the United States Coast Guard Reserve in the war on terrorism. Participation in Operation Iraqi Freedom; Program gaps identified and corrective action recommended by the Reserve Strategic Assessment Team (RSAT); Plans for growth of the organization; Efforts to improve...
- USCGR Leaders Work for Better Training, More Support. Manning, Elizabeth H. // Officer;Sep2009, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p44
The article reports the message imparted by the Director of the Coast Guard Rear Admiral Daniel R. May at the Reserve Officers Association of the U.S.' (ROA) Convention in Orlando, Florida on July 8-11, 2009. During the event, he states the agency's role in ramping the force's readiness at...
- THIS IS BUSH'S WAR. Schneider, William // National Journal;3/29/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p1022
Comments on the U.S. war with Iraq which started in March in 2003. Assessment of U.S. public support for the war; Casualty rate; Criticisms on the decision of President George W. Bush to declare war against Iraq; Factors that boost public support for the war.
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;3/28/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p2
Presents various thoughts that came on March 19, the day of the war deadline of the U.S. against Iraq. Arguments and justifications for war; Questions about the legitimate use of force and how to respond to evil in the world; Role of the 'National Catholic Reporter.'