Need for Deepwater Rises as CG Workload Expands
- USCG Extends Radio Upgrade Partnership with Thales. // Sea Power;Feb2009, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p49
The article reports on a secondary determination and finding contract awarded by the U.S. Coast Guard to Thales Communications Inc. to upgrade communications equipment in the 270-foot cutters with the Series 5000 High-Frequency (HF) radio system. It states that Thales will install medium-powered...
- Coast Guard Takes Delivery of First of 180 New Response Boat Mediums. Fein, Geoff // Defense Daily;4/8/2008, Vol. 238 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on a 45-foot Response Boat Medium (RB-M) that was unveiled by the U.S. Coast Guard on April 7, 2008. RB-M will replace the service's 25-year-old Utility Boat (UT-B). According to the Coast Guard, it has 30 of the new RB-Ms under contract with the potential to buy as many as...
- SHIPS/COAST GUARD. // Sea Power;Jan2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p206
Describes several marine vessels of the United States Coast Guard. Hamilton class; Storis class; Polar class.
- SHIPS/COAST GUARD. // Sea Power;Jan2002, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p206
Presents several ships used by the United States Coast Guard. High-endurance cutters; Medium-endurance cutters; Icebreakers; Patrol boats.
- HIGH-ENDURANCE CUTTERS. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p182
Features the Mellon WHEC 171, a Hamilton class ship of the U.S. Coast Guard. Specification of the ship; Passenger capacity; Builder of the ship.
- MEDIUM-ENDURANCE CUTTERS. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p182
Features several medium-endurance cutter ships of the U.S. Coast Guard. Specifications of the Mohawk WMEC 913; Durability of the Alex Haley ship; Passenger capacity of the Resolute WMEC 620 Reliance Class.
- PATROL BOATS. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p184
Features several patrol boats of the U.S. Coast Guard. Specifications of the Cobia WPB 87311 Marine Protector Class; Displacement of the WPB 87301; Power plant of WPB 1301 Farallon Island Class.
- SEAGOING BUOY TENDERS. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p186
Features the U.S. Juniper WLB 201 Juniper Class ship. Specifications of the ship; Power plant; Speed and length.
- COASTAL BUOY TENDERS. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p186
Features the Joshu Appleby WLM 556 Keeper Class ship of the U.S. Coast Guard. Displacement of the ship; Power plant; Builder of the ship.