Rebalance Security and Environmental Needs
- PERSONNEL, EDUCATION AND TRAINING. // Naval Forces;Special Issue 2005, p50
Discusses personnel, education and training for the Swedish Royal Navy. Introduction of general conscription for the Armed Forces in the early 1900s, involving basic military training for all young men; Origin of the majority of the naval officer corps in the general conscription system; Pattern...
- NEW SUPPLY TRANSPORTATION FELLOWS PROGRAM ESTABLISHED. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p65
Reports that the Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense (OSD) announced the establishment of the OSD Supply and Transportation Fellows Program in the U.S. in 2003. Key features of the program; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on the management of defense...
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p68
Reports on developments relevant to information sources for the career development of defense acquisition managers in the U.S. as of July 2003. Key features and specifications; Range of service and information offerings; Implications on the management of defense acquisition programs.
- World Navies in Review. Baker III, A. D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Mar2003, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on developments in navies around the world as of March 2003. Trend of downsizing seen in the world's navies; Reason behind a setback in cooperative international warship construction programs; Order for nuclear-powered submarines in Great Britain which was behind schedule.
- THE INDIAN NAVY AND THE PIVOT. UPADHYAYA, SHISHIR // Naval War College Review;Autumn2015, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p141
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article â€œThe American â€˜Pivot' and the Indian Navy: It's Hedging All the Way" by Harsh V. Pant and Yogesh Joshi in a 2015 issue.
- Proposed Permanent Policy of Compulsory Military Service. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep41, Vol. 20 Issue 8/9, p193
Focuses on the passage of the Selective Service Act of 1940 in the U.S. Discussion of compulsory military training; History of the military policies in England and the U.S.; Contrast between the Canadian and American method of raising armed forces.
- U.S. ARMY ACQUISITION CAREER EXPERIENCE PROGRAM. // Program Manager;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p66
Reports that the National Capital Region Customer Support Office announced the results of the U.S. Army Acquisition Career Experience (ACE) Competitive Selection Board in 2003. Students selected to the Summer 2003 ACE program who will be working at various acquisition organizations; Analysis of...
- Transforming Advanced Military Education For the 21st Century. Schneider, James J. // Army Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p15
Discusses key issues concerning advanced military education in the 21st century. Creation of the academic conditions that allow the expert learner to flourish; Creative template on the chaos of battle imposed by the expert learner; Implications on military policy and education.
- Iran deems Oman a friendly state, sets naval exercise. // Geo-Strategy Direct;2014, p22
The article reports on the preparation of Iranian navy for the three-day combat exercise with Oman navy on April 7, 2014 in the Sea of Oman.