fast and furious
- Sculling on the Waves. // Ash Breeze;Fall2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p13
Presents an article on kayaking. Difference between sculling and paddling the waves of open water; Information on the Alden Single Ocean Shell kayak.
- Chapter 9: Advanced Bracing. // Bombproof Roll & Beyond;1993, p75
Chapter 9 of the book "Bombroof Roll & Beyond" is presented. It explores a kayaking technique which involves advanced bracing. Accordingly, the high brace can be executed with increasingly greater edge tilts until the kayak is literally upside down. It recommends experimenting with extreme high...
- John Heath. Ferris, Gail // Ash Breeze;Winter2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p15
Discusses the contributions of John Heath to kayaking. Significance of the anthropomorphic measurements in kayaks; Efforts of Heath to share his kayaking techniques.
- The River Wild. Beekman, Kimberly // Ski;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p51
The article discusses the author's experience in kayaking. The author's guide tells him how to escape from his kayak underwater. He is to put the strap in front of him to disconnect him from the cockpit. Then he is to push out of the overturned kayak and swim to the surface. The author rocks...
- Kayak Attack! Vontz, Andrew J. I. // Men's Fitness;Feb2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p20
Presents information on the sport of surf kayaking. Background information on the sport; Developments in the river-kayak technology; Description of the sport.
- Surf Kayaking 101. Latham, Den // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Spring2005, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the growing popularity of surf kayaking in South Carolina. Claim that some of the top-ranked surf kayakers are from South Carolina which includes Ross Fulcher, Anthony Bell Raymond Cotton and Bridget Dohaney; Features and characteristics of surf boats; Considerations in starting the...
- RAPID FIRE. // Men's Fitness;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p24
The article offers information on rodeo kayaking, also known as playboating or freestyle. In rodeo kayaking, canoeists maneuver a small boat through various tricks by utilizing rapids, hydraulics and standing waves. These demanding physical challenges require total-body strength, flexibility and...
- THE SPORTING SCENE: READING THE READER. Phee, John // New Yorker;3/21/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p126
The article narrates the author's indulgence of the sports of canoeing. He discovered the insurance factors of canoe games. In one canoeing event, he observes that canoemen were sensitive if someone may suggest that what they were really paddling were kayaks. He shares his vision of an early...
- MCCALL, ID. Jackson, Joe // Paddler;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p34
The article provides information on kayaking and canoeing spots in McCall, Idaho. The spots mentioned include Lake Payette, Ponderosa State Park, Brundage Mountain, and Tamarack that are visited by several boating and kayaking enthusiasts, as well as adventurers. It cites that kayakers have...