Beal Official Says Clerical Error Led to False G-38 Listing
- Round Two for GLB. Odell, Patricia // Direct;May2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on the complaints against mail privacy notices from financial services firms in the U.S. Description of the notices; Change in the monthly billing statements of the American Express; Major initiatives developed to create simplified notices.
- Anglia gets on with the job. Roche, Stephanie; Holmes, Geoffrey // Accountancy;Mar1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1063, p85
Focuses on the introduction of General Ledger, a financial reporting system from Anglia Building Society in Great Britain. Contents of the account master file; Association of posting level accounts and summary level accounts; Production of recurring journal entries.
- Regulators Hail Launch of XBRL. Kersnar, Scott // National Mortgage News;1/23/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on the launch of eXtensible Business Reporting Language at a meeting in San Jose, California. The new system is now in use by the regulated financial institutions.
- Do we need more than one set of auditing standards? Fisher, Craig // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 87 Issue 11, p54
The article focuses on the implications of the assurance provided by an independent audit of financial statements. According to the article, its main benefit is for those who read and look to depend on the audited financial statements that can be a wide group of stakeholders. It is stated that...
- INDUSTRIALS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/11/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 14, p58
Presents several charts and graph depicting the financial statements of financial institutions in the U.S.
- Comprehensive Income: How Is it Being Reported And What Are Its Effects? Jordan, Charles E.; Clark, Stanley J. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Spring2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Presents a study which examined comprehensive income reporting for a sample of financial service firms. Reporting format used and significance of other comprehensive income (OCI) items; Direction and size of OCI and reporting format; Comparison of firm size by reporting format group.
- LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR? Pearse, Christine // Accountancy;Nov94, Vol. 114 Issue 1215, p160
The article discusses the legal duties of accountants in Great Britain. The author argues that the responsibility of accountants to audit clients doesn't extend to its lenders, investors or potential acquirers. But there are those who would like it to, and accountants should be aware of them....
- UPCOMING BUSINESS EVENTS. // Accountancy;Jul2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1403, p90
A calendar of events for the financial services sector from July-September 2010 in Great Britain is presented, including the Financial Reporting Faculty Roadshow and a roundtable meeting on the future of British GAAP.
- Opting Out Of Guidance: Trickle Turns Into Flood . Davenport, Todd // American Banker;1/27/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 17, p1
Reports on earnings releases and conference calls related to financial services industry covering results for the fourth quarter of 2002. Reasons for unpredictability in earning results for 2003; Reluctance of bank executives to give earnings forecasts; Analysts' assessment of the forecast.