Moody's Posts Record $313 Million in Second-Quarter Revenues
- Moody's Realigns Analysts; Boicourt Named Head of Merged Team. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has realigned its infrastructure finance team to include analysts covering states and large cities in the United States. Goal to increase efficiency in serving clients; Renee Boicourt's appointment to the post of manager of the merged team.
- Moody's Changes Cleveland's Debt Outlook to Negative. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p6
Reports on the change of rating by rating agency Moody's Investors Services for Cleveland's general obligation debt issue. Ratings given to the issue by rating agency Standard & Poor's; Features of the bonds; Reason for change in ratings of the issue.
- Credit Rating: A Tough Business to Enter. // High Yield Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Relates the arguments of Moody's Investors Service against plans to accept new market entrants to the rating agency market.
- The role of the rating agencies. Bertrand, Marsha // World & I;Jul98, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the role of debt-rating agencies. Example of premier debt-rating agencies; Criticisms on the failure of debt-rating agencies to give investors advance warning of the East Asian financial crisis; Problems met by Moody's Investors Service in giving warning to investors.
- Fitch and Moody's Trade Jabs With Competing Studies. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p7
Reports the competition between rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings company in New York. Reports on rating transitions; Differences in rating agency methodology; Downgrades in deals.
- Ratings Agencies Nervous on Conseco. // National Mortgage News;08/28/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p18
Reports on warnings given by rating agencies Standard & Poor's and Moody's about the financial condition of New York City-based mortgage lender Conseco Finance.
- Moody's Releases CDO Indices. Gregory, Michael // Bank Loan Report;1/28/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p3
Presents information on the release of the first installment of a research suite called CDO Navigator by finacial services firm Moody's Investors Service in January 2002.
- Moody's: Guarantor outlook is positive. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p30
Cites a report released by Moody's Investors Service Inc., concerning the prospects for financial guarantors in the United States. Guarantors' decision to re-focus on their core enhancement franchise; Departure from less-profitable business lines; Strengthening of risk-management processes.
- Moody's: Variable Annuities Imperil Insurers' Credit. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;10/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 199, p11
Cites a report by Moody's Investor Service Inc. regarding the insurance industry in the United States. Effect of competition in the industry on companies; Proposed measures to improve credit quality and variable annuity results; Proposed measures for companies to be profitable in the industry.